iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outdoor board games

Started by drobertson, July 23, 2015, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

While up north in Wisconsin my son in law got the hankering for building some Corn Hole boards, a quick trip to the lumber yard and it was on, Christy put together the bags, while we put together the framing and finish,  I will say, I've never seen plywood like this a very clear white wood, that had a little fuzz in spots when sanding, but finished off very slick.

I'll say this game is very fun, close to addicting,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Nice job on the boards.  Some of that imported plywood uses some strange species.  ???   smiley_headscratch
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Very likely it is baltic birch, and it looks like it too. A good game that we often enjoy.  On the order of horseshoes.

Even has rules..  ::)      ;D

http://www.playcornhole.org/rules.shtml
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

QuoteVery likely it is baltic birch
You are correct bt.  Is that something native to us?  I see some much imported plywood that I assumed.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

From at and around the Baltic sea (between Sweden and Finland), from what I know... some referred to as Russian birch, but essentially the same or about the same.
But don't know if many of the birch species get tagged with the Baltic name. May have taken on representation of a very high grade of plywood, and often several plies.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Thanks, I did not want to step in a sink hole.   smiley_thumbsup

Chuck White

I like to play "Texas Horseshoes"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!