iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new Antique truck !

Started by loggah, July 25, 2015, 06:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Well i got my wife to take a few pictures of my new antique truck,i last drove it on the road about  35 years ago. It belonged to a friend and last fall, he said "its got your name all over it,and you should own it !!! well i did buy it and brought it home a few weeks ago. Its a 1930 Stewart truck ,model 30 made in Syracuse N.Y. ,Stewart trucks were made from 1912 to 1942. Heres a few pictures.

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

North River Energy

Excellent.  That rig looks both purposeful and subtle.

Klicker

Great truck I might have to try and get up for a visit when I am in NH in Sept.
2006 LT 40 HD

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That is one cool truck.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

E fan

21incher

Nice truck. Looks to be in pretty good shape. Who made the drive train for them?  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

You the man again !
You own some great iron !
It's better than the history channel
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

47sawdust

Does the sign on the door really say Sledgehamer Johnson.
The truck is great,just what you need,projects all caught up and all.
What the heck you have hanging on the building in the background.Looks like it might be a junk man's hex sign!
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

WV Sawmiller

Good looking rig. I'm happy for you.

Be careful when you mount the winch not to get it in the way of the hand crank. Also where do you mount the gun rack?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

47sawdust,that's a door to a boiler. I think the excess door to the tubes?
Now that's a mighty nice truck to add to your colection.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Nice truck. Did all the tires hold air for long? I see there up in the 4th pic. ;D

Pole Barn, Pole Barn, Pole Barn,  Pole Barn,
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

buzywoodliff

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

LAZERDAN

That baby has got paddy wagon written all over it.     Lazerdan

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

edkemper

That will be the best truck in town. Very, very cool.
Old Man

loggah

The sign does say "sledgehammer Johnson' on it! ;D a bunch of us got some old trucks running and joined into an antique truck tour when it came by the White Mtn. central R.R., in lincoln there was a BX mack,a Concord truck which was made by the famous Abbot and Downing co. that made the Concord Coach,the stage coaches used thru out the west.,a early Packard truck and the Stewart,we just kinda horned in all the trucks were unregistered,and unrestored ;D but they were just staying up the road at the Indian head,so we figured we would tease them a bit. George Thompson a local sign painter did the lettering on the door ,and i had an assortment of sledge hammers roped to the running board, all in fun!! When we reached the Indian head we had quite a gathering ,all the high dollar ,restored truck guys came flocking over and had a zillion questions. ;D ;D ;D.
The original engine was a Lycoming 4 cylinder, and it had problems ,with no chance of finding parts,it got repowered with a larger h.p. chrysler flathead engine and transmission. I do need to find 1 Delta hi-way 7.50x20 tire, 3 i have are good ,so the search is on !!! ;D ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

slider

al glenn

Just Me

I am an old car guy, and you got me on that one. You do have some cool old iron!

Nice!

brendonv

Thats awesome. Id love a tour of the place!   8)
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

AK Newbie

Aa beautiful old truck!  A part of American history, thanks for sharing the pics and the story!
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

Ron Scott

~Ron

loggah

Its a pretty sound truck,all the wood is good inside, and even the canvas roof is good! but its a grubby rig! ;D the old people that owned it years ago had it stored in a barn,and when ever they  changed the oil in one of their vehicles ,they dumped the old oil all over it!!!! ;D ;D not any rust to speak of but 1/4 thick oil grunge on it. ;D i plan on just getting the engine running for now, and getting after it next year.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!