iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

building shop and mill

Started by tmbrcruiser, September 13, 2015, 03:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmbrcruiser

Pic's of building and cypress that I will use as siding on mill.

It took me forever to figure out how to post a picture, so I went a little nuts posting pics.
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

fishfighter

SawyerBrown

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

slider

Looks like you have a big whack left to saw.good job by the way.
al glenn

Ianab

Don't worry, we like pictures of cool stiff like that   :)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

drobertson

Looks like a heck of a build going, and your lumber looks great!  I remember first trying to post pictures :D once you get it, it's all over,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

Nice. Can start another thread and post pictures of that forwarder trailer and tractor. Had that long?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

plowboyswr

Nice! Looking forward to seeing more.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

caveman

I am impressed.  That is going to be a fine building.  Your lumber stacks look impeccable too.
Caveman
Caveman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You have a very nice building Sir. Keep the pictures coming.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ljohnsaw

Very nice!  Went to Delaware (river) once as a kid.  Kind of expected the whole area to look like that (hilly and heavily wooded).  Nice open, flat country you have there!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

That is a very nice sawmill, log, building, lumber, and stacking, smiley_thumbsup but that is an awful looking cant hook.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

47sawdust

Absolutely first rate job on the building.That cant hook must belong to Magilla the Gorilla,it is scary!
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

tmbrcruiser

Thank you to everyone for the comments. This has been my dream for a long time and part of my retirement plan. I'll let Bill know he must be as strong as a gorilla using that cant hook. He is a good friend and brought his LT 27 over to saw until I am able to put a mill in that building ( hopefully in the next few months ). I have pics of the log cart in action and will get the pics up shortly.

tmbrcruiser

Thought it was time to share updated pics. Building has been slow but steady. I had pex tubing put in the shop floor and will do the same for the mill. Bill and I have finished cutting the cypress needed to put siding on the mill building. Used metal siding on the shop but will make cypress paneling for the walls inside. I figured if I was going to have a wood shop it should have wood paneling.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

That will look pretty but you'd have a "brighter" shop interior if you painted it white...

Herb

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

SawyerBrown

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

terrifictimbersllc

Very nice, I'm jealous.  smiley_clapping
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

larrydown60

Beautiful building and your feet and shop should be nice and toasty  Nice job

treeslayer2003

looks like it is coming along nicely. i may have to stop by one day for a visit.

tmbrcruiser

That would be great, call the office sometime and ask for my cell number. Then we can make a plan.

samandothers

Nice job! Where did you get the metal siding?

tmbrcruiser

Another update and looking for opinions. I am close to finishing the building construction, 1 or 2 weeks should wrap up the building construction. My plans have centered around a Baker 3650E with edger. As with any big purchase took one last look around and low and behold the 2400 Timber King caught my attention. Anyone with experience or an opinion on comparing the two mills please chime in. Want to order soon as logs are piling up, I have been bringing in logs since construction started and think I have about 60,000 bf piled up.

Not sure where the metal siding came from, builder ordered all the materials for the shop. I think the manufacture was Fabril, that may not be spelled correctly.

Haven't put the battens on mill yet but should happen very soon. 

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Thank You Sponsors!