The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Tally-I/O

Author Topic: Logosol PH260 Owner/Operators thread  (Read 4402 times)

Offline bond-lumber

• Share Post
Re: Logosol PH260 Owner/Operators thread
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 12:39:07 AM »
I just did 7000 lineal of 1x5 (blanks) doug fir T&G panelling for a contractor friend this weekend...the finished product turned out to be 13/16"x 4 7/16 (i had moulding knives make new cutters that have a 1/4 deep x 1/4 wide relief that when the T&G are put together they have a 1/4" 'channel' ... i wore out the top cutter belt and just ordered a new one!  All in all it went well, I charged 40cents per lineal!  I love this machine but we certainly have to put good material through to get good out the stern end!!!
Mobile Dimension, Newman 8b, Logosol 260

Offline thechknhwk

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Story of the Trees
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 01:35:17 AM »
The last batch I ran was ash that wasn't necessarily the driest, but I first planed the worst side of all the boards down to ~.98", but 3 of the first 6 boards got stuck with the top planer head locking up, so I had to run them all through the planer again.  This time down to ~.91" and then all was well.

Offline thechknhwk

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Story of the Trees
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 10:53:36 AM »
I am making flooring blanks, anyone happen to know what the shortest piece you can run through the logosol is.  I checked the manual briefly, but did not see it.

Offline jdtuttle

• If it's worth doin, it's worth doin right
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 06:52:54 AM »
When setting up I run 2' blanks to check the cuts. I run mine a little faster than what you show in your video. I see you also disconnected the annoying safety switch that's on the door too.  ;D
Have a great day

Offline thechknhwk

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Story of the Trees
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2016, 07:11:49 AM »
I have the speed turned all the way down to run that ship lap, it's taking 1/2" out on the half lap plus truing the sides, so if you're going any faster when it hits a knot the whole works stops up.  I should be able to run my flooring a little faster.

I was asking because I have some flooring blanks that are around a foot long and I didn't want them to get jammed up if I try to run them through.

Offline jdtuttle

• If it's worth doin, it's worth doin right
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2016, 06:52:24 AM »
Yep taking 1/2" requires very slow speed. I looked on line & in the owners manual but didn't see anything on minimum length. I have run as short as 18" with no problem. Not sure about 12". it may be ok if you keep a continuous feed butting them tight end to end as you feed. Be careful if you do try.
Have a great day

Offline thechknhwk

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Story of the Trees
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 12:06:47 PM »
Ok, I made a boo-boo.  I was attempting to adjust the width on the logosol 260 out wide enough to run some 9" blanks for shiplap, and it never reached the 9" goal and stopped adjusting out.  Then when I went to turn it back in to move on to my 7" blanks it seemed like it took a bit for it to catch a thread to come back in, and then eventually the set screw that holds the width adjustment handle on the screw got jammed in the molder frame.  I had to take it apart and unstick it, then I turned the adjustment screw with some channel locks to get it back in place, but now when I turn the adjuster the whole screw moves in and out eventually getting me to the point that it will bind up on the handle set screw again.  And then the real problem the width will no longer adjust out.  It's like when I cranked it out too far a jam nut or something that holds the screw and forces the motor/knife out fell off or something??  If anyone has had this apart and could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.  I don't really want to tear the whole molder apart if I can help it.  I'm also going to call bailey's.  Thanks.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Logosol PH260

Started by boardmaker on Drying and Processing

4 Replies
Last post September 25, 2014, 10:05:51 PM
by scsmith42
xx
First run on logosol ph260

Started by MikeH on Drying and Processing

1 Replies
Last post July 16, 2007, 02:27:58 PM
by Dodgy Loner