floor joists

beginning framing

header up

rafters up

shingles on
Ike.M

WV Sawmiller

Ike,

Looks good but I bet you have already found you need more space.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TimGA

Really nice job.
                            Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

Ikemonroe

That's for sure. No such thing as to much space around a sawmill
Ike.M

Josh3760

Looks great! I to just finished up my sawmill shed its a great feeling to be done!  8)
Josh

Magicman

:o  That is a serious addition.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Onthesauk

John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

taylorsmissbeehaven

Makes me jealous too!! Great looking addition. I hope to build a saw shed this winter myself. The goats are tired of sharing the barn. :D Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

wfcjr

thecfarm

And that very nice addtion will be filled with.....??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ikemonroe

Ike.M

drobertson

Nice, looks heavy, which you most likely need, nicely done for sure,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

samandothers

How wide is your opening? How did you constructive header?

Very nice looking addition.

Ikemonroe

Quote from: samandothers on December 05, 2015, 10:39:41 AM
How wide is your opening? How did you constructive header?

Very nice looking addition.
[/it's a 24' span. I built the header from 6x6 three stacked on top of each other with the joints stagerd.those were glued then through bolted every three feet. Then I glued and screwd 3/4 plywood to each side over the whole lenth.
Ike.M

beenthere

Quoteit's a 24' span. I built the header from 6x6 three stacked on top of each other with the joints stagerd.those were glued then through bolted every three feet. Then I glued and screwd 3/4 plywood to each side over the whole lenth.

That makes a nice beam. Can add even more strength by putting in angular webbing of 2x6's between the top and bottom lams.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishfighter

Nice. Looks like that building is not going anywhere.

Ikemonroe

Quote from: beenthere on December 05, 2015, 05:27:17 PM
Quoteit's a 24' span. I built the header from 6x6 three stacked on top of each other with the joints stagerd.those were glued then through bolted every three feet. Then I glued and screwd 3/4 plywood to each side over the whole lenth.

That makes a nice beam. Can add even more strength by putting in angular webbing of 2x6's between the top and bottom lams.
[That's good idea. I'm not to worried about it bowing. I figured if it ever did I'd put some plate steel on the inner face.]
Ike.M

samandothers

Thanks for the detail on the beam.  That is a big and heavy structure! 

Thank You Sponsors!