iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

creating a photo gallery

Started by 47sawdust, December 08, 2015, 11:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I need some help understanding the process of initially getting pictures into a gallery format.I have read the tutorial a couple times but .....it's not sinking in to my thick or vacant skull.
Do photos have to go directly from my camera to my gallery album? Can I move photos already in my computer to my gallery album?If so how do I move them from my computer file to my gallery.
Thanks for your help,
Mick, the not so quick!
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

DanG

It has been so long since I created my gallery, I don't remember how to do it. I think it mainly consists of naming an album.  From a PC, the pic needs to be in your computer.  You can upload directly from your phone if that's where the pics are.  That's about all I can tell you, other than GOOD LUCK!  ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Complete instructions can be found here: https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/board,93.0.html

The photos can come from your computer or your phone into the album you create with the instructions below. Ber aware you only upload photos that are to be placed into a post. The only reason the gallery exists is to house those photos.

1. Preparing your Gallery.

Before you can upload a photo and post it, you must create at least one album in your gallery so you have a place to put the photos. You can create one, or as many as you like. Some people like to stick all their photos in one album, some like to be neat. I happen to be not so neat.  The following video will show you how to do this first step. It explains step by step, then it shows a video example of the actual process.

http://youtu.be/1krA1Op7C0U
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

47sawdust

So I was able to get pictures into my gallery but they show up twice,random files and latest additions,is that normal?
Thanks
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Jeff

You are only concerned about how many times it shows in the album, not in those other spots. Only once. It can show up 100 places on the forum and still come from that one time in your gallery.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Quote from: 47sawdust on December 08, 2015, 01:46:46 PM
So I was able to get pictures into my gallery but they show up twice,random files and latest additions,is that normal?
Thanks

Yes, that is normal. Just two different ways your gallery is displayed.
I usually click on the "Album List" tab in the menu and select the "Last upload" to arrange the pics from latest to oldest. But lots of options to browse when you have time.

Now to get your pic in your post, click the line below the post window that says "Click here to add...." and you will be taken to your gallery, but since you already have your pic uploaded, click the "My Gallery" tab in the menu line and there will be your pics.
Click the one you want, it will enlarge, and just below your pic image will be the url line that will highlight when you click on it. Copy (Alt-C) and Paste (Alt-V) that in your post. all done..  click Preview to see that it is so. Then click the Post button
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!