iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First Time For Me !

Started by Autocar, December 12, 2015, 07:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

That I cut timber in a T shirt on the 12 of December and I was still to hot. Not sure what the temperature was but way above average, stay safe everone.
Bill

Firewoodjoe

It's been nice but not good for cutting or trucking.

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

starmac

It is warming up here too, it was only 4 below, when I headed to the woods this morning.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

red

Strongest El Nino ever . Second strongest El Nino was winter 1997/1998
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

47sawdust

I'm enjoying it,but Vermont's ski industry which is a big employer is hurting.Hard to get around in the woods as well.Our back roads are terrible,a little frost at night then warms up during the the day, makes for some slippery driving.On the other hand the construction business is doing very well,lots of commercial work that would normally be shut down by now.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Corley5

Thunder showers here this morning.  Pretty rare for December in N. Michigan.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jmouton

it was a bout 66 degrees  around these parts today  did a little sawmillin  sat and today  so warm,,,   we have trees to cut down soon after christmas  so hopefully it get colder ,,,   crazy weather

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

snowstorm

Quote from: red on December 13, 2015, 04:57:18 AM
98 was the year of the big ice storm up here. freezing rain for days. the power was out for over 2 weeks

ehp

its not quite that hot here but still cutting in a tee shirt , yesterday was like 52 degrees which is crazy for here , should be 10 or so below 0 . My grass is still green

ehp

raining here pretty good most of the day, they are talking 5 plus inches next week here , hope it goes north, south, east or west of me  ;D

mesquite buckeye

Winter should be coming any minute now. :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Autocar

By this coming weekend it's suppose to be near freezing then next week back up to 60's. We got another shower just a few minuites ago . Pretty sure I won't be able to log tomarrow it dosen't take much this time of year to put you out of bussiness for a while.
Bill

ehp

rained here most of the day but started the new cut , got maybe 8,000 feet of grade timber out. Its to rain everyday next week

Firewoodjoe

Mud mud everywhere. Took me an hour from the time I pulled off the county road till I got backed into the wood pile. Makes for a crummy day. Glad it's not just us though😀

dustintheblood

I'm all for cold and last winter just a bit too chilly for too long.  Warm weather's nice to have, but I hope it gets cold enough to at least snow. 

Thinking I may have to drag out the lawn mower for one last go around.
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

Ken

It has been very warm and wet here as well.  I have a significant amount of wood that I can't get to market as a result.  One plus side is that every day that it is not snowing sideways and -20 is one day closer to spring.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

mad murdock

We have had more than 15" of rain in the last week. More in the forecast
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Autocar

Holy cow about froze to death today with snow squalls  :D   Sunday I think the weather man said back into the 50's. Wind chill was 13 degrees crazy for sure.   
Bill

JohnW

First time, Autocar?  You must be a young man.  I'm pretty sure 12/1973 or 12/1974 was a December with quite a few days in the 60's.  I don't think it ever got cold till the middle of January.

timberlinetree

Quote from: snowstorm on December 13, 2015, 07:36:38 PM
Quote from: red on December 13, 2015, 04:57:18 AM
98 was the year of the big ice storm up here. freezing rain for days. the power was out for over 2 weeks
I rember that storm I worked on it. Hope it doesn't happen again!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

OH logger

autocar young??? no way!!!!  :D ;D but he is very young at heart ;) lucky fella just celebrated his 50th weddin anniversary to  a great gal and I was there to witness it and had a great time doin it!! :)
john

ehp

not sure if anybody else got it but we are getting pounded by rain, and looks like for at least 3 days more to come . I would like to go to work but that just doesnot look likes its going to happen

OH logger

Quote from: ehp on December 27, 2015, 09:04:23 AM
not sure if anybody else got it but we are getting pounded by rain, and looks like for at least 3 days more to come . I would like to go to work but that just doesnot look likes its going to happen
same here. we got 1.25 inches overnight which is a lot on this flat clay ground. mud season got here overnight >:(.   90%chance of rain here next 2 days and some looks heavy :o
john

ehp

OH, Im really not that far north of you as I'm right down on the shore of Lake Erie in Ontario. Its getting abit cooler out so maybe it will freeze hard enough so we both can go to work, I had 2 log trucks text me today asking if they could get in and get loads

ehp

its muddy here way before last night thou, been raining here pretty much everyday now for 3 weeks , good thing I'm kind of on sand or the fields would be under water

Thank You Sponsors!