iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

very happy with my simonds circular blade

Started by UNCLEBUCK, November 03, 2004, 09:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLEBUCK

Hello , I have been a student of the forum for quite awhile learning all about running a circular sawmill and battled with using a old blade my first year and what a differance this simonds blade has made in my life . I am actually having a fantastic time sawing and building my shack . This simonds blade goes through hardwood like butter or maybe I finally settled down enough to relax and enjoy sawing . Here is a few pics of random width board and batten ash that I sawed and put on my shack .

Its amazing how many times the investment of this simonds sawblade has paid for itself just by being able to saw siding from a tree that I dragged from behind the barn . I have only the forestry forum members to thank for giving me the confidence to never give up ! sincerely UB   ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

TN_man

Good job there UB 8)
Looks like you will be ready for the winter now. Keep up the good work and thanks for the pics. One of these days I will invest in a digital camera. ::)
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Jeff

WoW! Windows!  I think I would enjoy my sawing job more if I had a window. ;)

A good running saw sure makes life easier in the circle mill. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

oakiemac

Good job UB!
Your "shack" is nicer then my house. I like that board and batten look.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

farmhand

Do you have any neighbors there?  From what I can see in the pictures, that building is in the middle of no-where. ???

I would love o find a place like that!! ;D
WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

Buzz-sawyer

Uncle
I was wondering how  it all worked out ???..........I like my simmonds 56"!!!!! 8)
Did you ever cut  any sidding?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

mitch

UncleBuck,

Great Pics! Will you let the board and batten weather naturally or use a clear preservative?

A new saw sure makes sawing much nicer. Don't hit any electric fence insulators or railroad spikes and keep it oiled so that it will appear new for a while.
Good Luck

Norm

Great pictures UB, I'll bet your the envy of folks for miles around. :)

Frickman

Glad to hear your new saw is working well. I remember how excited you were when you got it. A good saw definitely makes sawing more enjoyable.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

UNCLEBUCK

Thanks everybody , I have alot of threads to catch up on every night now and see what you all have been busy with . I am going to wait until spring to put sikkens stain on and just getting into the sheetrock now,its hard to work alone but peaceful .It cost 151 dollars for the permit to wire it myself and that was easy until I had to read about 3 way switches ,that just about melted my brain until I got a grip on it . Its definately out on the prairie so I have to plant trees this spring . My michigan fiance wont move here until its finished and I cant wait to see the look on her face when she see the big moose antlers I am going to hang on the outside gable .If I cant move to the beautiful u.p. of michigan I will bring the u.p. to me ! I went to a auction and got the windows and trusses for half price but the most expensive investment was the 25 yards of cement and the heated floor tubing . I been paying cash as I go but finally realized I will never finish it so I broke down and got a small mortgage and the appraiser come out and first thing she said was wow is that some nice cedar siding , I said thanks I had it special delivered from alaska and it cost a fortune   :D, Hope eveyone is ready for winter and all is well . I was really bummin when I couldnt go to the pig roast but I found the threads on it and looks like it was a blast !  Here is a picture of my office  ;D

UNCLEBUCK

I forgot say that Buzz I forgot all about trying to saw that beveled siding but I will have to give it a try because this board and batten needs alot of blocking in the walls to screw into but sure was simple to saw at 1 inch thick .I just kept sawin boards until I got down to about a 3 inch cant and flipped it down and got a pile of battens too . I am oiling it Mitch but I allready hit a piece of metal and it stopped the log and by the time I figured out what was happening the carriage continued forward another 6 inches so I pulled the panic lever that shut down the p.t.o and got my bearings and took a huge pinch of copenhagen and backed the carriage up and there was a old fence post . it put a thin rounded edge on the teeth so I give each tooth 50 spins on the rotary filer which looked like I took the teeth down about less than a eighth inch ,other than that I guess I got lucky . I used the metal detector for about one day and gave it to my little nephew , I just didnt feel comfortable using that thing . Feel free to show circle mill pictures on this thread of anything anyone feels like talking about . I just wanted to show that I am still pluggin away sawing .

Thank You Sponsors!