iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look what I found.

Started by Jeff, June 29, 2016, 06:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

It was hiding buried in the back corner of our storage barn. It's going to need some major inoculations of blue creeper to get it going. It appears to be seized.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

That is a new one on me with the motor inside of the wheel!!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

VictorH

DelawhereJoe

I think there would be a market around here for that thing with the Amish, they don't use pneumatic tires but do use gas motors on equipment. I've seen them use tractors, skidloaders, mini excavators and mowers just as long as they don't have pneumatic tires.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Jeff

I'll try to dig up the photos from when I got it. Brother Noble gave it to me years ago. It had laid in a Missouri Field for decades. With the help of Rust Reaper, now known as Bluecreeper, I got it a part and sort of restored it.

DelawhereJoe

Do you have any idea when and by whom it was made, even if the front tines can't cut in that metal drive wheel will till the ground for you.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Jeff

Here is what it looked like when I brought it home.

And a link to an old topic on the forum when I finished it.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,6561.0.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM3VAkA6Q6c

Jeff

gspren

That is really interesting, I've been to a bunch of old tractor shows and don't remember one of those.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Den Socling

You have done a lot of nice work, Jeff.

r.man

That is definitely a conversation starter and would be popular at any gathering.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

mesquite buckeye

Looks like somebody's improvement of the old big wheel push cultivators. Very cool. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

21incher

Never seen one of them before. I think that it belongs in the American History Museum. Looks like it would work good hooked to the front of a logging arch for tight spaces. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Czech_Made

That is some clever engineering in that thing.

Thank You Sponsors!