iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

for you bandmill guys

Started by SCSawyer, July 09, 2016, 12:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCSawyer

Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

cutterboy

WOW! And I thought my operation was labor intensive!
I don't like the way those guys worked so close to the blade. Gave me the Willies!
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Chuck White

That's a lot of work for a few boards!

When they were pulling the log away from the pile, I thought they were expecting snakes, because the handles on the tools they were using were so long.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

scully

Not a huge fan of pushing the log into the blade . Allot of the old ways were so unsafe .
I bleed orange  .

WV Sawmiller

Interesting video. Makes the term "Manual Mill" take on a whole new meaning.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ox

I think I've finally found a mill that's harder and slower to run than my own!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Joe Hillmann

Quote from: scully on July 09, 2016, 08:26:08 AM
Not a huge fan of pushing the log into the blade . Allot of the old ways were so unsafe .

I doubt it is any more unsafe than using a large non-sawmill bandsaw where you are feeding the wood into the blade and standing only a foot away in front of the blade and your hands only inches away. 

Nomad

Interesting video but for me, no thanks.  I bet Satamax would enjoy it though!  Probably bring back some old memories for him!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

thecfarm

Wowsa,I could not watch the whole thing. That is alot of work!!!! I betcha they sleep good after doing that all day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!