iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Times Are A Changing

Started by Autocar, July 20, 2016, 12:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Seems like just a few years ago I was a young man. Greased the tri axle and knuckle boom changed oil ,filters then checked levels in the tranmission and rear ends. Just about wore out. Pulled the skidder up to the shop for oil change and grease but just didn't have any more fire left in me today. Crazy how times change but like all loggers I'll probably log as long as I can get up and go forward !
Bill

Grizzly

Yeah, 24 years ago I started telling the children to sit down and be quiet. Now after 2 back surgeries, and a short little bit of time passing by  ;), they have learned to tell me to sit down and be quiet!!   :(   :D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

lopet

Know the feeling.  I don't get near as much done as I used to. Our bodies all show their wear, sore knee, sore hip, sore back etc.
What used to be a 14 hour day now has come down to a 6 or 8 hour day.  :D :D      Who cares ?  ;)
As long we can get up in the morning without too much pain and can do what we love to do . ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

square1

Is Lima, OH getting the upper 80s lower 90s temps Michigan is experiencing. The heat takes it out of me real fast these days (turn 56 next month, good Lord willing).

starmac

I feel your pain, I have always done all my own maintenence. I am better set up for it now than anytime in my life, but when it comes to any maintenence or repair work, I feel good if I can get as much done in a day as I used to do in an hour.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

timberlinetree

The older I get, the hotter I get. Never needed ac until a few years ago. Now can live with out it!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

sawguy21

Yeah, we used to be young and bulletproof, now old and full of holes. :) Doing a brake job without a hoist just about finished my back, it's just no fun anymore..
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DaveP

Two new knees, two hips and eighty years old but doing great. Just do things a little slower now. Some of the hot or very cold days I just don't do anything because I don't have to.   When I think back on how I used to have to work to keep thing going I wonder how I did it.  Old age isn't bad.  It's just a number.  Take your time and it seems to get done.  But, sometimes I wonder if the saw will ever rum out of gas so I can get a break.

DaveP

killamplanes

If I make it to 80 I will be blessed and if I can even start a saw I will call that a miracle. None the less your aspiring ;D
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

teakwood

Wise words from a old man. I like the older people, they have seen it all. Thanks DaveP. ;)
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

DaveP

Thanks TEAKWOOD.  I don't think of myself as an old man but I guess I am.  Thanks for the good comment.
           DaveP

Corley5

Never used to think twice about climbing all over a machine to grease it.  Stand up on the side of the bunk on the forwarder to grease the boom.  Get on top of the cab to access fittings etc.  I hauled an extension ladder to the job the other day to do the job  ;D  It's harder to get on and off machines now and harder to get off the ground if I need to crawl under one.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Grandpa

Thanks  everyone, you are making me feel better. :)

I feel I can do about half of what I did 30 years ago. The trouble is, my brain thinks I should be able to do what I did then. That leads to a lot of disappointment in the evening.

jwilly3879

The heat and humidity really seem to affect me now. I can do everything I used to but not as long. About 3 pm I'm ready for a 45 minute nap and then I'm good to go again.

furltech

Magicman

My balance (or lack thereof) is increasingly getting me in trouble.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

my dad use to tell my mom I pushed him down if he fell and got scraped up  :D

sealark37

The solution is to accept the situation and adjust your speed to the the environment and your energy level.  Learn when to call the dogs and whiz on the fire when you still can make it to the house.   Regards, Clark

Thank You Sponsors!