iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sore eyes

Started by WV Sawmiller, July 25, 2016, 10:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Several years ago while working in Afghanistan on a project building a military camp next to the Pakistani border I damaged my eyes with the moondust (which is like talcum powder and 6" deep where we were working) and the heat and sweat. Ever since then when I get hot and sweaty my eyes get real sore and infected again. Got in hay 2 days ago, mowed and trimmed the yard yesterday and sawed a few small logs in the heat today. Now after the hay dust and pollen, grass and sawdust it is like looking through a fog. I'll try some ointment and drops and hopefully they will be better in the morning after a good nights rest.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

kensfarm

Walking in the woods.. I got whipped in the face by a branch.. luckily I closed my eye just in time.  Months later I started having some pain in my eye and the doc said I had an octal blood vessel infection.  The impact had made a bruise that turned into a sore.  I had to use eye drop antibiotics.. which must have gold in it cause it was $125 dollars for a tiny little bottle.  Go get checked out.. the doc will give you something that will help.  Eye infections can be very serious since they are so close to the brain.. the eye doc made me come back in 2 days to make sure it was working. 

WV Sawmiller

Had my Dr. or PA check it out a few times. Last time she gave me a small tube of antibiotic I use every night which helps but won't go away until the weather cools and I stop getting sweat and dust/crud in it. Dang moondust..., Don't know what was in the stuff but its nasty.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!