iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS250 dies when throttle opens... my solution

Started by prsv07, July 29, 2016, 04:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prsv07

My  10 year old Stihl MS250 would intermittently die when the throttle was opened.
I solved a problem ,which might be obvious to a lot of people,  but maybe this info will help somebody.  2 or 3 years ago I "tuned up"   the fuel system -- replaced fuel hoses, impulse hose, fuel filter, cleaned up carb, etc.  It ran like new again.    Recently it started bogging down and dying when I tried to open the throttle.   The problem turned out to be that the impulse hose was creeping off of its fitting on the carb.   When I pushed it back on .... end of problem.   It has happened twice,  so I will try putting a small cable tie to tighten the impulse hose.  It's so simple, you might not think to check for such an issue.    I hope this helps somebody as other postings have helped me.
Preston

Jiles

I recently had a similar problem with a 200t that had set in storage for 12 years! After a thorough cleaning of entire chainsaw, it cranked on fourth pull, ran for a short time, and then starting idling erratically and would not take acceleration from idle, regardless of carb setting.
Suspecting an air leak, I removed the starter to inspect integrity of the Impulse hose.
It had a 90% bend and was partially closed.
Replaced the impulse line and retuned.
Satisfy needs before desires

Thank You Sponsors!