The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Stihl HT-101 Pole Saw running issues  (Read 5633 times)

Offline ZeroJunk

• Share Post
Re: Stihl HT-101 Pole Saw running issues
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2016, 02:46:28 PM »
Good to know. The cam seat I know was worn because I robbed the new cam out of it yesterday to fix another unit and when I put the cover on with no cam in it the pin would not stand up straight and made it hard to get the holes in the cover to line up so I could stick it back on.

Offline tstex

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2016, 11:02:33 AM »
Wow, thanks for the additional info guys and the clarifications.  I had this thread set-up for auto-reply to email but it must have stopped - I am glad I came back to view it.

Joe-indi, thanks for video.  I would appreciate, when convenient, the pic's of the valves, removal and what inspection needs to be done, then replacement, if that's possible?

Also Joe, what part of the beer can are use using to tighten-up the seats?  it is the pull-tap or are you cutting the can bc you need something very thin?

When I rebuilt and old 1952 John Deere MT 2-popper, there where 3 different types of shims [.0005, .0010 & .0015] used to increase the check-valves clearance in the valve-housing.  If you sneezed, it looked like they would have torn...didn't mean to get off topic, but I'm real cyclical when it comes to working on things and I forget some of the basics, so visual aids and video's are really great.

Thanks again,
tstex

Offline tstex

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 02:33:10 PM »
Got the pole chain saw back and it was not the carb settings or other, the the throttle body setting.  Once this was adjusted, it starts almost the first pull and runs great wout any shutdowns...The tech said it should have been adjusted when the primer ball/carb was replaced, but was not.

Just wanted to let you guys knows -thanks again for everyone's help...it is greatly appreciated - tstex

Offline tstex

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
HT-101 Stihl Pole Chain Saw - oil/lubrication
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 02:42:17 PM »
Hello to all,

After getting my pole saw fixed, I have been using it more than often. One thing I noticed is that it sure becomes extra gummy w sawdust, and I attribute that to what I believe as an excessive amt of chain-oil being released.  It's always done this.

W my other 3 chainsaws, underneath the main body, there is a setting that allows you increase or decrease the amt of chain-oil that is released.  I looked in my HT-101 manual and I could not find anything re something that calibrates the oils release.  Is there anything that can allow to you control the release of oil?  If not, is there anything else I can do to slow down the flow of oil, or is it designed that way to make sure it gets plenty of oil?  If so, is there a specific reason as to why?

Thank you very much,
tstex

Offline dougand3

• Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 01:17:05 PM »
Make sure chain is sharp. Dull chain = more sawdust. I think I'd just blow saw head off with a compressor when done. I'd much rather have too much oil than not enough.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
How does the HT 131 Stihl Pole Saw compare to other Pole Saws?

Started by JOE.G on Chainsaws

14 Replies
Last post May 29, 2012, 01:36:36 AM
by Dixie Feller
xx
Ms200t running issues

Started by Grimace71 on Chainsaws

3 Replies
Last post June 13, 2018, 05:36:35 AM
by ladylake
xx
Stihl HT75 pole saw--no oil ?