iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

condition of my blade

Started by tareece, October 05, 2016, 10:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tareece

Hey guys... i had let my mill sit over tje hot summer only starting once or twice.
   Its a harbor freight model.. and has worked decently.. still learning on.
    While i was doing a precheck and getting it ready to cut some cedar planks i noticed this defect in the blade.
Opinions?

Todd Reece
Lover of many things. Experienced in most... expert in few

drobertson

Crank back up and make some dust
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

drobertson

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on October 05, 2016, 10:49:58 AM
Isn't that the weld spot?
Think so I was looking at a small void along the back of beam of the blade, I figure saw till it gives way
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Rougespear

Looks to me like it's just the weld... not a defect.

Sitting out in the sun should not hurt the mill... sitting out in the rain is entirely different.
Custom built Cook's-style hydraulic bandmill.

Ox

That's the welded joint on your blade.  It's an ugly one, but that's what it is.  Read reply #1.  :)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

tareece

Thanks woodmiesters...
I'll get back out there Sunday....
I gotta do some evac for a guy named Matt er sumpthin...
Todd Reece
Lover of many things. Experienced in most... expert in few

Ox

Quote from: tareece on October 05, 2016, 11:48:58 AM
I gotta do some evac for a guy named Matt er sumpthin...
Heh.  Witty!  :D  Be safe with it and when ya get time, update your profile where you are, what you have for wood tools, etc.  Then we can help you better and you just might have a member around the corner from you to work with!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!