iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Axle for NHL190

Started by Cazzhrdwd, October 08, 2016, 08:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cazzhrdwd

I'm in Maryland, anyone know where I can get a used axle or axle hub assembly in the mid-atlantic for a L190. I believe there are several different machines that will work. I'm going to try Wengers Monday.

What's happened is the neck that the outer seal seals to is worn, sadly It looks like I need a new/used axle for that small issue.
96 Woodmizer LT40Super  Woodmizer 5 head moulder

Corley5

Put a speedy sleeve over it.  They're made just for that purpose.  Or take it to a machine shop and have it built up and turned down to size.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Cazzhrdwd

I'm not sure a sleeve would work its well worn with two large grooves. I figured a used one would be cheaper than having it machined.

sandhills

On very worn pieces I've had good luck putting JB weld or the like in the grooves before putting the speedi sleeve on, just make sure you have everything it will take to get it on straight and quickly so you can wipe off any excess from the sleeve before it hardens.  Hope this may help you.

deerguy

Gents,
We use the speedi sleeves regularly in the bearing business to repair worn shafts so our pillow blocks can maintain their sealing. All the ideas above are sound, and if you're concerned about sleeve wear don't, they last as long as the seal. If you have any doubts, you can buy the same speedi sleeve with a titanium nitride coating and they are extremely tough. SKF makes them and they are called Gold Speedi Sleeves available anywhere you can buy bearings. Little bit more money but way cheaper than a used axle or machining.
( IMHO )

Deerguy
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

Cazzhrdwd

Found out today the axle is 1495.00 for a reman since the contemptible folks at New Holland don't actually make the part anymore. This machine is an L190 from 2009, and they don't make it anymore.

Found the whole assembly at Wenger's for 895.00, it is used but gone over.

Better yet, I found the hole assembly remained for 500.00 at a shop in chambersburg PA, they have four.
That's the axle, housing and bearings all put together ready to bolt up.  :)

Thanks for the speedi sleeve suggestions, i didn't know they were so versatile.

Thank You Sponsors!