iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sciatic Nerve

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 11, 2016, 07:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

That is funny. :D I have had sciatic pain for years, it makes bending to weed the garden which I hate anyway or pick something off the floor an ordeal. The pain starts at the tail bone and shoots down my left leg to the toes. I have to help Karen get out of a chair or off the bed, she has severe arthritis, and have to be very careful how I lift. I have had a few spasms that almost rolled my socks down.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

Quote from: WDH on December 13, 2016, 07:57:12 PMso I wore rubber slip-on shoes and not the steel toes that I normally wear.
That sounds like a "Croc" to me.   :o   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 14, 2016, 10:05:23 AM
Quote from: WDH on December 13, 2016, 07:57:12 PMso I wore rubber slip-on shoes and not the steel toes that I normally wear.

Now that is funny!  :D
I have a pair of "Crocs". I don't wear them at the mill. I'm always scared I may drop a slab on my toe.  :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Andries

Danny and David, there are times when our health sends us a big wake up call.
I broke my right arm in two places this spring.
Gravity won the fight that day.  ;D

You guys seem both seem to be suffering from 'slabitis'.  :D  :D
Take time to get good and properly healed up, it's well worth it.

LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Raider Bill

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 14, 2016, 10:19:22 AM

I have a pair of "Crocs". I don't wear them at the mill. I'm always scared I may drop a slab on my toe.  :D :D

Crocs are convenient especially as water shoes but they have no support and make my feet hurt.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 14, 2016, 11:02:10 AM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 14, 2016, 10:19:22 AM

Crocs are convenient especially as water shoes but they have no support and make my feet hurt.

Feet like yours are suppose to hurt.    :D :D :D :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ok doctorb, tell me what happened.

When I take a shower first thing in the mornings, the hot water really makes my sinuses run.
This causes be to gag and cough that stuff up.
This morning I woke up and the nerve in my leg was aching as always. I took my hot shower as usual.
While drying off I was going through my usual coughing spell.
I put my foot up on the toilet lid to dry my hoof off and when I did I coughed REALLY hard.
It felt like a knife went in my lower back and I had to sit down really quick.
I sat there for maybe 25 seconds.
When I stood up all the usual pressure was gone out of my lower back. I felt NO nerve pain what so ever.
It was like nothing was wrong and I have had NO pain all morning.

What went right?

Magicman

You coughed up a Chiropractor !!!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

As mom would say, " I think your problem is constipation, time for an enema"
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Here we go......when I seem to getting better, look at all the Doctors that come out of the wood pile. :D :D :D

BradMarks

Call it an early Christmas ;D.  Hope for your sake it stays that way.

Mooseherder

Probably happened because you didn't use a pallet under the Outhouse.
Wallets too thick, move to other side or front pocket. :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on December 14, 2016, 06:56:47 PM
Probably happened because you didn't use a pallet under the Outhouse.
Wallets too thick, move to other side or front pocket. :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D......Hey wait a minute....whatchu talkn bout Willis?

Magicman

Quote from: Mooseherder on December 14, 2016, 06:56:47 PMpallet pellets under the Outhouse. :D
Leave it to da goat !   ::)

thecfarm

I will try to be nice, no jokes.
Something slipped back into place.  8)  NOW and I said NOW just because you are feeling better don't think you can keep up with those 20 year old bucks. Well, the no joke part lasted a long time.  ::)
I am glad you are better. Take it easy or you will be back posting,What went wrong when I was drying off my hoof.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

4x4American

I was told by an old employer that having my wallet in my back pocket could be making my sciatic hurt...somehow by always sitting crooked-like it could do damage.  Idk  ???
Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: 4x4American on December 14, 2016, 09:00:11 PM
I was told by an old employer that having my wallet in my back pocket could be making my sciatic hurt...somehow by always sitting crooked-like it could do damage.  Idk  ???

All jokes aside, I have heard that too.

Jeff

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 14, 2016, 09:15:28 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on December 14, 2016, 09:00:11 PM

All jokes aside, I have heard that too.

It is absolutely true. I suffered for years with back pain while in the sawbooth.  That one simple thing, after being told by a chiropractor, moving my wallet to my front pocket, made all the difference in the world. If the issue comes on while you are sitting, that really could be part of it. It doesn't have to be a stack of 300 dollar bills to do it. A regular old wallet is plenty thick enough to cause issues in some people.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

BradMarks

Been carrying my wallet in the front pocket ever since...

WDH

David,

To say that you stuck a nerve (old saying) is an understatement.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 15, 2016, 03:34:55 PM
David,

To say that you stuck a nerve (old saying) is an understatement.

:)

red

sneezing is an involutary body action . Bracing your slef helps but can be inconvient like when driving a car at highway speed . Coughing is another one even Laughter can be painful .  BUT then muscles used to make a Boul movement aka number 2 sometimes just dont work ???  so better have stool softner on hand or some real good Chilli . There is what we call a high hat to put on the toilet seat and it really helps . So thats basicly where you are until you get your First $300 opinion  there will be many more usually about $3,000 . . . I hope and pray that you have Very Good Inusurance ! ! !
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Ed_K

If you get put on pain meds you should also talk to the doc about some stool softeners you will need them. Day after I go to chemo therapy I plug up, it takes 3 days after the session to get regular again and another to actually go.
Ed K

Glenn1

Last weekend, I was lifting heavy sassafras slabs and felt a twinge.  The next day, I could barely walk.  When I went to my Doctor,  he said  that I have a bulging disk infringing on the sciatic nerve. I have been having sciatic nerve flare ups for awhile so it probably just made the situation worse.   He has given my prednisone (steroid) and said that I will need an MRI if it does not improve in the next week.  I sure hope it does as I have arthroscopic surgery scheduled for early January for a torn meniscus in my right knee.

From now on, when working with any green boards over 5/4, I am calling in the young reinforcements to do the lifting. It will definitely be worth the money to pay them.  It 's funny in a sad way when you brain says you are still 30 but your body strenuously disagrees.
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

Thank You Sponsors!