iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

208e front end

Started by Bjt, December 20, 2016, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjt

So I was starting up an incline 3rd gear low, mid to high rpm when the front wheels stopped pulling, there was no loud noise it just stopped pulling. I did run upon a small 4"sapiling stump tho.  I then shifted to 1st and allowed the rear to spin while looking at the front drive shaft that was not turning but was acting like it was trying to engage but didn't. I raised the front end w blade, while the tires freewheeled by hand, they still would not enguage while the rear spinned. It's in the 20s- 30s  and has 90w oil in Rockwell front and rears. The front end does have wear on the gear i noticed when I changed the oil. Where should I start? These are the #s on the front end tag. Thanks
Model#  F75 3200 S 1111
Ratio      7.80 NS
Date      9-82

Neilo

Sounds like the transfer case to me. Broken front output shaft or splines. The front drive shaft is multiple pieces. Could be broken drive shaft.

Bjt

It was the drive shaft, splines were stripped. Thanks for the help

Ohio_Bill

Of all the things it could have been. That may be one of the best.
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

lynde37avery

I agree with ohio. the drive shaft is way easier to fix than transfer case. good luck. 
Detroit WHAT?

Neilo

Always good to get feedback. Glad we could point you in the direction and hope you are back working.

Bjt

Yeah I was happy it was the drive line an not the transfer case. I had it resplined today and if the pinion seal makes it here tomorrow I'll put her back together. Thanks for the help.

Thank You Sponsors!