iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Online Filters

Started by Puffergas, December 26, 2016, 05:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puffergas

With the new to me machines filters are getting out of hand. One machine has close to ten filters! Is there a good online source for filters. I would like to buy a years supply at once at a good price.

Thanks!
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Dana

Filter1.com has Wix filters cheaper than our local parts stores.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

OH logger

I get all my filters at  the local carquest store when they have there filter sale every spring. I support them as they are local and they will be there when I need a part FAST
john

Corley5

Most deals I find online lose their luster when the shipping is figured in  :( :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

killamplanes

I'm with oh logger get a couple to run the year at Napa filter sale here its February or March.
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

Puffergas

I'll get my shopping list together and wait for the spring sale at napa.

Thanks!
Jeff

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

luvmexfood

Quote from: OH logger on December 26, 2016, 07:57:31 PM
I get all my filters at  the local carquest store when they have there filter sale every spring. I support them as they are local and they will be there when I need a part FAST
I have started buying all my parts that I can at a local small time parts store. Go to one of the major chains like Advance or O'Reilly's and it's a different person everytime that is new and just there for a short time. Don't even know where to find anything that on the store shelve.

Place I go to now has had the same employees for years, seem to have better quality parts and are fairly competitive on price. If you need a certain size O-Ring they have an assortment and will sell you only the size you need with out having to buy a pack with a bunch you don't need. If they don't have it in there parts bin but do have it in a big assortment they will open the big assortment and sell you only what you need and put the rest in stock for single sales.

Bring them a part number from about any manufacture, even lawnmowers, and they will hunt it down for you. Never hear "we don't have that". It's always "sort of an odd ball but let me see if I can get it for you".  They are somewhat connected to a larger company and will bend over backwards to get it for you. Go in and need a special order part. They order and when you ask if you need to pay up front it's always "you can or just pay when you pick it up". To me as long as they are close on the price of part's I will go with good service and pay just a tad more.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Peter Drouin

I go to the dealership for my filters and oil, But I only have one John Deere now. ;)
:new_year:
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

coxy

I can buy  motor/fuel oil filters from cat 4 bucks a piece cheaper than parts store same with air filter is almost 10 bucks cheaper from cat   ???

GRANITEstateMP

I work at an automotive dealer and our filters are normally the same price if not cheaper than a decent quality aftermarket filter...  That being said, I bought all Kubota filters (1 years worth) a couple months after I got my, new to me, machine.  Kubota is VERY proud of their hydro. filters, those will be coming from NAPA (Wix or the Gold line) next time (during their yearly sale of coarse!).
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Ox

I try to find my filters on Amazon or Ebay and buy a box of them.  When you do the math and break it down per filter cost it's quite a nice surprise.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

bill m

I try to keep a couple spare sets of filters on hand. One time I needed a fuel filter and didn't have one so I went to the local Napa store. New filter was $12. New one from New Holland is $4. I now get all my filters from my New Holland dealer.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Puffergas

One of my hydraulic filters from napa is about $100.
Jeff

brendonv

I beleive in using oem filters only. In a pinch i throw a napa filter on a machine in a emergency,  but i find they cost more than the oem filters anyways. I try to find oem filters on ebay and amazon.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Thank You Sponsors!