iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Southern Blizzard

Started by Magicman, January 06, 2017, 07:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Guys, we are being inundated with Ice.  The temperature is down to a bone chilling 42° and we now have a serious accumulation of sleet.

Here it is plainly visible on this outdoor chair seat !!!   :o  Any more of this and they will cancel school tomorrow.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

That's about what we have here in Harrison. I'm wishing for a green Christmas, Tammy says I'm just not right.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Me too on the green Christmas
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

woodmaker

The last septic system install of the year should get inspected tomorrow,,hopefully covered Monday,and dirt work will be done for this year.If we can hold off snow until after Christmas,maybe I can have time to work on a toy a little.I vote no snow also.
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

Magicman

The weather predictors are predicting 1-2" of SNOW for us tonight!!   :o 

4Wheel Drive, Chains, Shovel, one of those Windshield Brush Thingies   fire_smiley  or  whiteflag_smiley ??

I have now gotten severe weather alerts on my cell phone, house phone, and email.  This is serious!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Lynn, all schools in about 20 parishes are shut down tomorrow down this way. Forecast is anywhere from a dusting to 8" here. Would love the 8". ;D Would be a good time to deer hunt. ;D Just might go.

Banjo picker

I sure hope all that stays down south for you two gentlemen.  I retire the last of March and then it can do what ever it wants but for now I vote for no snow.  Like that will do any good.  :D  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Peter Drouin

2"  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Magicman

Two inches of snow for us is worse than feeding Grits to thecfarm!!

thecfarm

We get them alerts too. Never use too. Now I know you Southern people started them.  ;D
We get more than 6 inches now and it's a special report for a half hour on the news.  :o
I had them grits once. Maybe if I was hog tied,old saying and someone forced fed me,than I suppose I would have to try them things for the second time in my life.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishfighter

Tuesday was 84F. This morning, 31F and yes, we got some snow. This happens about once every 7-10 years here. :D

A short walk about in the woods.

No school, so we have the grandson. He had a blast. ;D

It is still coming down a little, but melting off faster. :(

Texas Ranger

Texas blizzard of ought seventeen.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

tree-farmer

Forcast is for 6 in or more here. Just got a Kibota rtv900 with snow plow, however something is not right with it, will barely make it up drive way with no load. Dealer is coming Monday to pick it up or repair it. Totally bummed.
I will be putting chains on tractor and running backwards with blade  scrape ( it has standoff feet to keep it out of the gravel). Works, but had high hopes for rtv, hope they can fix it. To much money for sub standard performance. Neighbor has one that works much better
Time will tell.
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

goose63

Just be happy you guys don't get 110 inchs like we did up here in 97 98  8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

petefrom bearswamp

tree farmer I have had an rtv 900 for 6 yrs now.
I have found that it wont go worth  a hoot if you floor it.
I barely made it up my fairly steep driveway the first time I tried that.
if I use partial throttle it pulls a load up hill just fine.
Just a dusting here in cny
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Crusarius

I have a qlink frontrunner (yamaha rhino clone) works great. Better than I ever expected. BUt I still have the 5' snowblower for a backup

Marty

We ended up with 4 1/4". That's a lot for South Mississippi.

Marty

I don't know who is having more fun.

The Wife......

or Kids.

Finish Product

Magicman

We got 4-5" here at the Cabin.  It was probably the most that I have ever seen here.

I made a video at the Straw House but it will have to wait until I get some internet service.

Jeff

We have just enough here on the ground to barely cover the grass.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

curdog

Probably 2 inches so far and still coming down.

Peter Drouin

See how much fun the snow is Marty,
:christmas:
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Magicman

A true Wood-Mizer Snowman.   :)

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: goose63 on December 08, 2017, 12:35:10 PM
Just be happy you guys don't get 110 inchs like we did up here in 97 98  8)

Haha 110 inches is only half of a "dry" winter.

I feel bad for you guys down south getting snow because nobody knows how to deal with it like we do in the north country, just like we don't deal with hot weather, snakes, and chiggers. hahaha

Today we probably got 8" of new snowfall and the grocery store wasn't emptied out, national guard wasn't called out, and I still managed to drive 60mph on the way to town. haha

Thank You Sponsors!