Started by Dan_Shade, January 18, 2017, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

So I got some....

I ate a piece....

I'm glad that I only have 8 ounces....
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Mooseherder

Try some on grits before you throw the grits out. ;D

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

Everyday my dad took a Limburger, bermuda onion, horse radish, anchovies or sardines and HOT mustard on pumpernickel sammy to work for his morning break. If sauerkraut was available he's throw a inch of that on too.
Step Mom made him keep the limburger in a mason jar in the cellar fridge.

I could eat  limburger plain on white italian with yellow mustard every so often but it's not something I crave.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

coxy

its good with crackers   I would not put grits in the same post as limburger as limburger is WAY better  :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

coxy

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 19, 2017, 07:21:30 AM
Everyday my dad took a Limburger, bermuda onion, horse radish, anchovies or sardines and HOT mustard on pumpernickel sammy to work for his morning break. If sauerkraut was available he's throw a inch of that on too.

I could eat  limburger plain on white italian with yellow mustard every so often but it's not something I crave.
never had it on bread before ill have to try it  it also makes my wife gag  :D :D

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Czech_Made

Try it in egg omelet, the sharp cheese compliments the egg nicely.

Mooseherder

All you gotta do is pick it up in the Market and put it back down.  Smell your hand that you picked it up with to know there's something wrong with whoever invented the stuff. :laugh:

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sawguy21

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 19, 2017, 07:21:30 AM

I bet he worked alone WHEEEW!!! :D

Raider Bill

He worked in a factory. Between the sammy and that he had a big, green nasty cigar going all the time kept most away.

Weekend_Sawyer

Jed Clampet "Where ya been Shorty?"

Shorty "I been hidin out in Granny's root cellar with the Limburger cheese. I finally decided it was me or the cheese"

Jed "So you ate it?"

Shorty "No, I buried it"
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

sandhills

Best use I heard for it was when my dad was young and an usher at his buddies wedding, they put it all over the groom's exhaust manifolds and chained/locked the hood down.  Wonder why I ain't right  ::)

thecfarm

Limburger,never had it.
I had them grits. I know I am not missing much.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

I would rather eat rotten limburger cheese than eat fresh GRITS   :D :D :D

sawguy21

That's pushing it.  ;D

ESFted

Well...this thread just cost me some money.  The wife loves Limburger on saltine crackers.  Mohawk Valley Limburger by Kraft, (her favorite) ceased production years ago but this thread prompted a search.  Low and behold a shop in Wisconsin claims to have a Mohawk Valley taste alike.  A few jars $$$ are on the way.  We shall see.  No affiliation.

https://www.bavariasausage.com/proddetail.php?prod=Amish-Country-Old-Fashioned-Limburger-Cheese-Spread-8oz-LIMBURGER-SPREAD-IS-BACK%21%21%21%21%21%21
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

Czech_Made

You can find more variety of stinky cheese overseas, like Olomoucke tvaruzky:

Romadur:

similar to limburger, but the taste is different.

Beer cheese:

petefrom bearswamp

I likes it on saltines with a little hot mustard, or dipped in a little vinegar, then on the crackers.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

And you complain about Boiled Peanuts!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

I like boiled peanuts.

sprucebunny

I like Limburger but for the money, I'd rather have Camembert; preferable very ripe  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Weekend_Sawyer

I LOVE boiled peanuts!

Never had limburger. I have a Scottish friend, she says the stinkier the better.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

coxy

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on January 23, 2017, 12:27:15 PM
I likes it on saltines with a little hot mustard, or dipped in a little vinegar, then on the crackers.
pete you dunk the limburger in vinegar  ??? :) I remember when I was about 7-8 my dad got some limburger and opened it up an it had little  worms in it he cut a thin slice off where the worms was then ate the rest

Thank You Sponsors!