iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thoughts on a Clark 667b

Started by ChadMP, January 26, 2017, 09:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadMP

I'm thinking of buying a Clark 667b with dual arch and winch. Any body out there have any experience on one of these? Also, what would be a John Deere comparable model in age, size and such? I think it's late 70's but not sure.

treeslayer2003

i'd say its a little bigger than 640 size weight wise. i would like one but not with a detroit.....newer one with cummins seem just out of my price range.

TroyF21

Yes I have run 2 different Clark rangers with cummins engines , a new one in 1988 and run one in 1999 that was a 1986 . They were both excellent reliable machines. They were 666 rangers with doors closed in cabs. There winches are strong as well. I thing some of the older ones had 353 Detroits. They are loud but are good engines as well. I run one now in a porter

longtime lurker

DUNNO WHAT THEM OTHER GUYS SAID BECAUSE I'M PRETTY DEAF BUT THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THE 4-53'S IN THE 667'S. :D

Seriously cummins or detroit is a wash - both work well, they're a handy machine regardless of what motors in them. I'd be less worried about what engine was in it and more worried about overall condition of the machine.
They're pretty well bulletproof, and a half decent muffler in front of a spark arrestor will quiet that ole GM down.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

ehp

yes but some of the older 667 came with a V6 cummins in them and those motors were not as good , we had 2 of them , machine were very good just did not get a lot of hours on those motors between rebuild , maybe only Canada got those motors . As far as the other 4-53's and the 5.9 motors go both are good but I sure would want the 5.9 if I had a choice

treeslayer2003

ehp, yeah i seen a few here with the v6 cummins. in loaders as well, you right, they do seem short lived.

nothing wrong with a 4-53 i have one still, i just would like more power in a bigger skidder.......and less noise. yeah i'm getting old lol.

Thank You Sponsors!