iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Coming?

Started by Magicman, February 08, 2017, 04:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucer

Quote from: Magicman on February 08, 2017, 04:58:06 PM
Yup, the yellows have been showing for month, but these whites caught my eye today.

We've got "whites" showing around here, too. They're about 4' deep, I mean high, and still growing :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Raider Bill

Quote from: caveman on February 09, 2017, 09:40:10 PM
Raider Bill, did I see bouganvilla, periwinkle (vinca), and bird of paradise?  I don't think I am familiar with the bottom one.

Coxy, The temperatures here in the winter and early spring are often comfortable but for those of you who have allergies it is certainly a time for a stuffy head, itchy eyes and a runny nose.  It will be 98° with 90% humidity before too long here and those of you in more temperate zones will be the envy of us.

Brazilian star burst

http://www.south-florida-plant-guide.com/clerodendrum-quadriloculare.html
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Roxie

Quote from: paul case on February 10, 2017, 12:31:52 AM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 08, 2017, 08:48:02 PM
That Ground Hog shadow will bite dem fliers.    :D :D :D
OLD phil better watch out. He has a way of ticking me off. Swine season is open and I am armed.

PC

Yes, Phil was forced to acknowledge that spring won the popular vote at #notmygroundhog. 
Say when

Czech_Made

Nice thing about Virginia is, that the Spring comes several times every year and I enjoy it every time  ;D

You can't fit all four seasons into one week.

Hold my beer and watch this, says Virginia.

LaneC

There are a lot of flowers down here also, but I have not seen the honeybees taking advantage of the weather and flowers. I am not going to plant anything until I see a lot more bees flying :)
Man makes plans and God smiles

curdog

I'm slowly catching up on spring flowers. Noticed the first bloom on my daffodil this morning...windows open in the house this morning and already 70 degrees...

Ox

You guys are showing flowers and I just looked out my window and see half a whiteout.  >:( ;) :D
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

gspren

This morning while enjoying my second cup of coffee and looking out across the back field I saw the first groundhog this year, yesterday I saw a Robin but I think some of them never left this year.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Kbeitz

Our local groundhog commuted suicide last week when he tried to
cross the street.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Roxie

Quote from: gspren on February 12, 2017, 09:05:53 PM
   This morning while enjoying my second cup of coffee and looking out across the back field I saw the first groundhog this year, yesterday I saw a Robin but I think some of them never left this year.

We saw robins too!  We also thought people would tell us we're crazy, but I noted there were five robin's vs. one groundhog, so spring DID win the popular vote.  :)
Say when

coxy

the way its looking its going to be 14 more weeks of winter here in NY :)

Ox

I just read several people calling them a groundhog.  Does anybody use the term woodchuck or is it just me?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Dave Shepard

We call them woodchucks here, too. It is also a name given to people of a less refined and criminal nature.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Kbeitz

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck
could chuck wood..

Now whats the one for groundhog ?
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Roxie

He doesn't need a tongue twister in Pennsylvania, and we gave him his own day, and it's not woodchuck day.  I didn't even know that some folks called them woodchucks until I was well into my thirties. 

Say when

coxy

we call them woodchucks too  I never heard of the term whistle pig for them until I joined the ff   

curdog

We've got groundhogs, never really heard anyone in person call them a woodchuck.. maybe an occasional whistle pig, but no chucks  ;D

gspren

So if you go into your local butcher shop and ask for a pound of "ground chuck" will they get it for you.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

coxy

in some of the woodchuck places I have been chances are good  :D 8)

Kbeitz

I've had woodchuck meat. It's a strong meat but not bad.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

thecfarm

Wood chuck here too. City folk might call them ground hogs here in Maine.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Quote from: Kbeitz on February 14, 2017, 03:08:19 AM
I've had woodchuck meat. It's a strong meat but not bad.
most of the time if its strong someone forgot to cut the little white glands out from under the front legs

starmac

Majicman had to start this post. We got rain yesterday, 20 degrees and raining, that is not suppose to happen, freezeing as fast as it hit anything.

By the time I got to the landing, my log truck and everything was covered in a 1/4 inch of solid ice, luckily the rain didn't last too long.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Kbeitz on February 13, 2017, 02:53:13 PM
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck
could chuck wood..

Now whats the one for groundhog ?
How much ground could a groundhog grind if a groundhog could grind ground?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!