iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

liver

Started by coxy, March 10, 2017, 09:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

My late FIL when eating chicken or turkey used to say every part strengthens a part, give your mother the breast.
I probably should eat more liver for the above reason.
The first year i was in my hunting club I didnt shoot a deer , but visited the gut piles of my pals bucks and retrieved the livers and hearts.
took 9 livers and 10 hearts home with me.
Ate all the hearts some just boiled and some pickled, but got overdosed on liver pretty quickly.
My nickname the next few seasons was the vulture.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

coxy

:D   I don't eat deer liver any more got sick on it one time I cut it up and rolled it in flower and my grand ma cooked it had a piece left with out flower and my dad looked at it and said never eat it if it has little white spots on it that's what we think made me sick he never did tell me anything else about the white spots

luvmexfood

Had some calf's liver fried with a viadalia onion this week. Would almost melt in your mouth.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Magicman on March 11, 2017, 07:58:58 AM
No sympathy from me.  :-X  Don't like chicken and grits, but eat liver.   :o

:D :D :D :D :D   
coxy liver makes real good catfish bait ;D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

coxy

why would you waist such good food  :) ever try grits but again any smart living thing would not eat them  8) 8)

pappy19

Love fresh deer and elk liver. An elk liver and heart are a real delicacy,  but the elk tongue is the real bomb. Boiled with onions an garlic salt, then cooled, peeled and sliced, a little bit of heaven. Lamb liver and heart the same thing. Very mild. I like the liver cooked with bacon and onions. The heart sliced medium, floured, seasoned and fried medium rare. I've also had elk kidneys sauted in butter and garlic that was tender and delicious.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Stoneyacrefarm

Just had liver for dinner tonight.
Smothered in bacon and onions with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Oh so good.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

paul case

Someone mentioned cow tongue.

The youth at a neighbor church challenged my youth to a game of ''cow tongue football''. Frozen cow tongue passes kinda like a football but when it gets to thawing out and it gets longer and more limp it can slap the receiver and it can be stolen easier.

Best use I have found for cow tongue yet.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

luvmexfood

Quote from: paul case on May 27, 2017, 11:04:44 AM

The youth at a neighbor church challenged my youth to a game of ''cow tongue football''. Frozen cow tongue passes kinda like a football but when it gets to thawing out and it gets longer and more limp it can slap the receiver and it can be stolen easier.

PC

Have heard of people eating beef tonque with bananas. They call it a lickady split.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

coxy

Quote from: luvmexfood on May 28, 2017, 04:30:33 PM
Quote from: paul case on May 27, 2017, 11:04:44 AM

PC

Have heard of people eating beef tonque with bananas. They call it a lickady split.
:D :D :D      does anyone have a good recipe for liver pate there is an older gent that makes it but wont give up his recipe says he will take it to his grave :( almost has a taste like tuna fish

Corley5

Quote from: coxy on March 14, 2017, 08:38:00 PM
:D   I don't eat deer liver any more got sick on it one time I cut it up and rolled it in flower and my grand ma cooked it had a piece left with out flower and my dad looked at it and said never eat it if it has little white spots on it that's what we think made me sick he never did tell me anything else about the white spots

Liver flukes.  http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10370_12150_12220-26639--,00.html
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

coxy

well    Im still not going to eat it  :)  thanks for the read

Chuck White

Never did like deer liver!   :P
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!