The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Woodland Mills HM126 tracking problem  (Read 3830 times)

Offline mitchstockdale

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Woodland Mills HM126 tracking problem
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2019, 12:46:34 PM »
Correct. I知 guessing the red belt lasts longer. Sounds like good thing. They have made changes and improvements since I bought mine. Most times they致e been very good about providing these when I was in the warranty period.
done deal just gunna go with regular belts this time..thanks btulloh.
Do today what others wont, so you can do tomorrow what others cant.

Kubota MX5200 / Woodland Mills HM126 / Stihl MS361

Offline jbjbuild

• Share Post
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2019, 07:20:07 AM »
Hi btulloh, I have the HM126 also, which blade from Kasco do you use.
Woodland Mills HM 126, John Deere 790

Online btulloh

• Senior Member x2
  • I never met an air conditioner I didn't like
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2019, 09:44:56 AM »
I've been using the 7 degree Kasco's.  They seem to work well in SYP, ERC, as well as fresh WO and RO.  I want to try some 4 degree for harder stuff like oak that has been sitting for a while.  My mill came with the 9.5 hp Kohler.  I've sawed 26" WO on it, but certainly more power would be better.  Older oak logs (and hickory) are asking a lot of the 9.5 hp, but generally it's all gotten sawed - just takes a while.

FWIW, I run my guide blocks fairly loose - about a business card thickness spacing.  I set the rollers so they don't make contact with the blade when it's free running, but do make contact when it enters the cut.  Not saying that's the right way or the only way, but it works well for me.
HM126

Offline jbjbuild

• Share Post
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2019, 10:03:17 AM »
I've been using the 7 degree Kasco's.  They seem to work well in SYP, ERC, as well as fresh WO and RO.  I want to try some 4 degree for harder stuff like oak that has been sitting for a while.  My mill came with the 9.5 hp Kohler.  I've sawed 26" WO on it, but certainly more power would be better.  Older oak logs (and hickory) are asking a lot of the 9.5 hp, but generally it's all gotten sawed - just takes a while.

FWIW, I run my guide blocks fairly loose - about a business card thickness spacing.  I set the rollers so they don't make contact with the blade when it's free running, but do make contact when it enters the cut.  Not saying that's the right way or the only way, but it works well for me.

Thanks! Ive been wanting to try some Kasco blades, but wasn't sure which one to choose with the 9.5 hp. I run my guide blocks the same, I cut up a business card and place one piece above the blade and below the blade and tighten up the guide blocks. I saw mostly Ash, Poplar, Oak & Walnut, so that blade should work well.
Woodland Mills HM 126, John Deere 790

Offline mitchstockdale

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2019, 12:24:41 PM »
I change mine when they get worn and especially if the blade starts riding on the pulley surface.  They need changing more often than I would have thought.

I have used belts from NAPA and other auto parts stores and Woodland Mills and all seem to last about the same.  I have seen where other people installed brushes to keep the belts clean and I think this would help the overall situation but I haven't done it yet.

https://www.vbelts4less.com/  is a good place to order belts and I use it for lots of my belt purchases.  The pricing is good and I've been happy with the quality.  They have kevlar belts for lawn mowers that are particularly good and a good value.

Tracking has never been a big issue except with some Lennox blades that were not welded straight.  In general, I don't like the Lennos blades but have been very happy with Kasco's.
btulloh,
Got my regular belts from napa and put the follower belt on and man its quite sloppy... when tightening the tension handle the belt leaves the bandwheel by about 1/2" on the opposite side.  Got a B57 per the manual.  Is that what you use for your follower?
mitch

Online btulloh

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2019, 12:56:19 PM »
I知 just using the regular B57s. They also have a gap of 1/2 or more on the side opposite the blade. This is normal and not an issue. 
HM126

Offline mitchstockdale

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2019, 07:59:23 AM »
I知 just using the regular B57s. They also have a gap of 1/2 or more on the side opposite the blade. This is normal and not an issue.
I got the mill running two nights ago with the new belts and all i can say is wow...its such a pleasure to track the blade now and the blade has a nice ring to it.  I would have never thought that worn out belts could cause such problems.  Replacing the belts not only solved my blade tracking issues but also solved 95% of my wavy lumber issues even with a dull blade.  This is the first "major" service I have done to my mill in 3 years owning it.  Just scratching the surface with learning this sawmill thing i guess..this forum does not cease to amaze me with the wealth of knowledge.

Online btulloh

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2019, 08:59:15 AM »
Three years is a long time.  Glad you got it purring again and sawing straight.  You were probably running on the pulley surface and not the belt after that long.

I've probably been through 15 sets of belts in three years.
HM126

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Woodland Mills tracking problems

Started by Southwood on Sawmills and Milling

56 Replies
Last post January 21, 2018, 10:28:41 AM
by HOLTeam
xx
Woodland Mills HM126 mod

Started by Napowan on Sawmills and Milling

22 Replies
Last post May 17, 2016, 11:07:23 AM
by DeerMeadowFarm