iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking Delivery

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grouch

Factory service manual wiring diagrams are always too cluttered for me to follow. I like to break things down to subsystems. Then again, my stuff is never as neat as I want it to be.

Have you considered wiring headlight relays in?
Find something to do that interests you.

Don P

Auto electric is black magic  :P.

Those generic Ford fender mount starter solonoids from around the 80's-early '90's era are excellent and cheap relays, they can run anything from a starter, glow plugs, a winch, thumper stereo, or whatever

grouch

The standard Bosch type relays sometimes come up in good deals. I got a 5 pack of 40A relays with sockets for $14 when I needed to put a trailer hookup on my Dodge. They were 4 wire sockets but easy to swap the wires to the positions needed.

Magicman

Just be sure that they are rated for "continuous duty".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ianab

I just watched a clip on Youtube of some slightly crazy Aussies repowering an old VW beetle with an intercooled turbo Subaru engine. Ended up over 350 hp in a stock looking Beetle.

That wiring loom is nothing   :D They were wiring a custom engine computer into the old VW, with the electronic boost control, variable cam timing, flex fuel sensor, and "boost by gear" where the computer increased the turbo pressure once you got into a higher gear. (Reduces wheel spin in 1st and 2nd).

Totally crazy and impractical car, as it still had VW brakes  :o But a lot of fun at the drag strip.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

ADVIL

Take 2 and call me in the morning.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

grouch

Jeff

Wiring is starting to come together at least under the hood. Still looks the same in the cab. :)

grouch

You can't do that. The red on the wire does not match the red on the firewall. That's just primitive. You'll have to rip it all out and start over.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Looking good......but getting complicated in my book.  :D

WDH

Everything is complicated in your book.  It only has a front and back cover, and no pages in between  :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Make sure you grommet everything going through metal.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

paul case

In my family, when doing such endearing work to a vehicle causes it to get a name.

Nellie belle, two ton tony, old blue, bertha and punkin are some that I remember. So has she got a name?

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jeff

My Truck is a He, and his name is M.R. Truck. :)   M.R. stands for Mill Rat.

loggah

Jeff, Im sure you will be "REAL" happy when the wiring is done!! ;D  and relieved.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 16, 2017, 07:39:26 AM
Everything is complicated in your book.  It only has a front and back cover, and no pages in between  :D :D :D

Y'all can kiss my Grits. I can Ware anything if I have lots of pictures and Wang Nuts.
:D

Jeff

Shotgun

Jeff is making real head way lights! :D
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

grouch

M.R. Truck ain't any relation to Christine, is he?

Don P

Quote from: Jeff on August 16, 2017, 11:04:57 AM
My Truck is a He, and his name is M.R. Truck. :)   M.R. stands for Mill Rat.

Shining  ;D
My folks first car was an old A model with a leaky roof, Dad did a tar and gravel job  and it became "Gravel Gertie".
On the second day after we picked up the motorhome that was to be our travelling log building construction company home, we had an engine fire. We spent 2 days up on blocks in a junkyard in Charlotte pulling wires and playing "watcha reckon that was". There's a special place in my heart for auto electric. It's a mighty small special place  :D

Jeff

Quote from: grouch on August 16, 2017, 08:47:41 PM
M.R. Truck ain't any relation to Christine, is he?

Older more mature cousin.

Jeff

I think we found the problem Houston! And the solution.

grouch

Your critter processor is clogged? Does this mean you'll have to resort to the old fashioned way of skinning 'em with a knife?

Peter Drouin

Then the heater core is full too.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!