iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Minnesota lost a great man on Tuesday .

Started by Gearbox, April 06, 2017, 08:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearbox

On Tuesday my brother lost his battle with ALS . He was involved in logging his whole life . As a young man logging with family and later years owning the company and passing it to his son and now involving his grandson . Past director of the timber producers assn. . Always for better logging practices and sustainable forestry . He will be sadly missed by many in the forest industry , family and friends .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Hilltop366

Sorry to hear this Gearbox, may he rest in peace.

thecfarm

Another logger gone. May he rest in peace and find many veneer logs to cut.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

dustintheblood

Our condolences to your family and friends.  The loss of a person and especially a person who was passionate and knowledgeable about the woods is a sad day.
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

furltech

David-L

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

nativewolf

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother and a great conservationist/forester.  I am heartened to hear that he passed his passion to his son and grandson.  Something wonderful to focus on in your time of grieving. 
Liking Walnut

deerguy

Gearbox, sincere condolences on the loss of your brother from my family to you and yours. Sounds like he set the bar high and taught well, so his legacy will live on !!

Respectfully, Keith
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Ox

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

barbender

Lowell left behind an absolutely top notch family operation, they are the go to outfit for quality thinning work with a reputation for always doing the job right. I regret I never got to meet him. Minnesota has lost a lot of legends in the logging industry as of late.
Too many irons in the fire

Stephen Alford

Sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family. ALS is an absolutely terrible illness. God Bless
logon

g_man

Quote from: Stephen Alford on April 07, 2017, 10:21:52 AM
Sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family. ALS is an absolutely terrible illness. God Bless

^ X2
Sounds like he strived to make logging better. Can't ask for more than that.

gg

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Stoneyacrefarm

So sorry for your loss gearbox.
May he rest in peace.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Andries

Gearbox - sincere condolences to you and your family on the passing of your brother.
I pass through many parts of Minnesota in my travels and always marvel at the level of professionalism and dedication in the management of the State forests.
Those stands of trees stand as a fine testament to your brother and his work.
As Barbender mentioned - I regret not having met him.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

BargeMonkey

Gearbox

Thank you all for your kind thoughts . Today was the funeral our church was full served lunch for over 200 . A mixture of flowers and trees decorated the sanctuary . He was truly a great man .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

ehp

Very sorry to read this , Im sure he was loved and will be missed

Ed_K

Sorry to hear of your loss,prayers for you and your family's.
Ed K

dgdrls

My condolences to you and your family,
So very sorry to hear this,

D

Thank You Sponsors!