iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How'd Ya Git Yer Username

Started by fstedy, December 12, 2004, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

We don't take part on any other social sites but I needed this one for sawmilling education. Thus no experience with picking handles other than for trucker cb but I'm a bit young for that. ("The Duck" from Convoy was before my time) So the only thing I could think of at the time was that the children thought I must look like Grizzly Adams from some book. Gentle Ben maybe? But I wasn't comfortable using his full name so I just used part of it. Since joining I've become educated that their is a tool manufacture of that same name.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

dukndog

Duk....short for Duck. N for "and", then Dog for Labrador Retrievers. Being from Arkansas and enjoying hunting and dog training, it seemed to fit.
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

Babylon519

Mine's from the road I live on and my telephone exchange. It's the handle I use for anything farm related. It has enough of a ring to it that an old TV show lifted most of it from me!  :D
- Jason
Jason
1960 IH B-275 - same vintage as me!
1960 Circle Sawmill 42"
Stihl MS440 & a half-dozen other saws...

Ljohnsaw

I, too, thought I added to the list but after reading through for an hour and a half....

John is way too common for a login id as is JohnS.  I even have tried more of my last name (JohnSaw) but I found that used in places.  So, I took my first initial, middle name and part of my last - LJohnSaw.  However, I typed it in as all lower case here and it came out ljohnsaw.  It sort of reads as "I, John, Saw" - which kind of works as I am sawing logs for my cabin build...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

John, there are at least two of these "username" threads, so you probably put yours in one other than this one. 

Mine is somewhere in two of them but I ain't spending an hour and a half looking.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

you just cant make it appear your the Magicman  :D :D 8)

Magicman

I may be da Magicman, but I ain't no Magician. 

My "handle" was given to me by co-workers back in the early 70's during my telephone equipment trouble shooting days.  Anytime that they had a trouble that they could not find, they would call Magicman, he could fix it.....like magic.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Quote from: Logger RK on July 24, 2017, 10:13:59 AM
Well,I'm a Logger & My first names Rick. But I do wish I would've used a big L in Logger though. But this is the first forum iv been on.

I see a big L in your future. :D ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

goose63

In 1946 my uncle sent a christmass card to house of goose St Regis Montana the postmaster didn't know who to give it to so he got to thinking our last name is Geesey when you have one geese you have a goose so he gave it to dad inside it said ha ha how long did that take so we still have the name.

When i joined the F. F. I was 63 so it is goose63  ;D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

GRANITEstateMP

This is another great thread!

Let's see GRANITEstateMP

Granite State - Yup, born and raised NH so that was easy.  MP, those are my initials, Matt Pitkin, gotta keep stuff easy!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Savannahdan

I had to sit on a login the backyard, like all great philosophers, to figure out my Username.  I wound up using the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) approach and went with Savannah since it's where I live and Dan for my first name.  I should get a Nobel prize for this stroke of genius.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Bert

I used my nickname. Most people in the lumber world know me as Bert but please write Ryan on the check. ;D
Saw you tomorrow!

muggs

In Vietnam You could not use your real name on the radio. So you had to pick a nickname. Remember the old Deadend kids movies. The one character named Muggs. There you have it.     Muggs  :D

Sixacresand

When I bought my six acre lot, An older cousin commented that I had bought six acres of sand.  He told me that owner in the forties would not farm it because it was too sandy. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Logger RK

chubby

I think mine's pretty self explanatory. haha

Banjo picker

Mine as well. Just look at my avitar.  Just dont pick as much as i use to. Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

PineHill4488

Fall 2013 purchased Stihl MS 660 and an Alaskan 36" mill, am happy with the setup, hobbyist not a volume producer, have milled oak, hickory, yellow pine, and power poles.

btulloh

Not much mystery in mine.  When I was signing up for the forum I thought (for some reason) that I was just picking a login name and didn't realize this was going to be used for everything.  The security experts advise against using your last name for public display, but it was too late to change it at that point. 
HM126

reelman65

I used to sell fishing reels on ebay for extra money, also compared to the geeks i work with, i guess i am a real man, but compared to you guys that earn a living in the woods,, I am the geek.
75 Acres of hardwoods that i want to try to optimize for HW growth, health and habitat. Also interested in creating a few small stands of fruit/nut trees and sample of different native species

upnut

For years, my wife and kids knew vacation meant north, and you are not truly north in Michigan until you cross the Mackinac Bridge. They accused me of being crazy about Michigan's Upper Peninsula, so upnut seemed logical... :D

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

paul case

My MOM gave me this handle. She was tricked by her mother in law who told her that Max( my dad) would name his kids paul and john. She did and he didnt complain.

Thank goodness for that. She was thinking of naming me basket or mental. I do have a cousin named justin and my wife's name is Anita when you say it all together it sounds like I need a case.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

I once knew a lady named Anita Mann.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I went to school with a Penny Nichols.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!