iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Installing front hydraulics.

Started by Qweaver, April 09, 2017, 10:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I just bought a Kubota L2501 tractor and I would like to add a grapple. So I will need to install front hydraulic in and out with a control system to open and close the arms.  The Kubota kit is @ $750 plus 2 hours labor.  Is there a cheaper way to do this?
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

reedco

Maybe just buy the valve and run your own hoses?
Not many trees

Skip

I would first check to see how it would affect your warranty if you don't use Kubota parts. Their price seems reasonable to me. ( I have the same tractor and love it.)

47sawdust

You should be able to tap in to your loader hydraulic line and feed a valve to open/close the grapple.I did that on my l2550.It is cheaper than $750.00.My valve came from Surplus Center.Some Kubotas have a fitting under the seat to provide power for remotes as well.
My present L3750 has rear remotes.I just ran a pair of lines up to the loader to actuate my grapple and power angle snow plow.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

snowstorm

adding a 3th valve to the loader valve bank is the way i would do it. you would need another valve section same make model as whats there and longer thru bolts. i would except this is how kubota dose it

dutchman

You might want to watch this video, explains the installation.
http://www.everythingattachments.com/3rd-Function-Valve-kit-for-tractors-s/10178.htm
Their price is higher than Kubota.

Qweaver

I got a firm price for the kit of $671 today and the install looks simple so I will do it myself.  I'm now looking for the lightest grapple I can find.  The grapple on my JD 110 is over 800 lbs and that just takes too much of the lift capacity.  I found one that is under 400 lbs and still pretty robust.  I'm ordering parts.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

47sawdust

Qweaver,
I have a 48'' grapple on my L3750.It was made in a fab shop in N.C.,bought it off ebay.It works very well and weighs just at 400#.It is a very handy attachment,you will love it.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!