iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What the Duck?

Started by Jeff, April 02, 2024, 06:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Caught this guy on the tacticam this morning, but it was still lowlight mode, so no color. Antbody know what it might be by this photo? I've never been a duckhunter. I initially thought Mallard, but???
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I would agree, Mallard Drake.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Looks like a mallard drake to me. There has been about 40 mallard drakes hanging around on a tiny beaver pond at a neighbor's for the last 4 weeks. The pond is smaller than your man made one, Jeff, by half. And is close beside the main road, but that road has low traffic. It's quite a sight because you usually only get a pair of ducks on such ponds. But this time of year ducks will even gather at small spring pools or mud puddles. At the back of the old farm, a field would flood in spring from overland flow. We called it the lake field. 200 or 300 geese would show up there every spring flying north. The kind of site only a land owner would see, you can't see it from any highway.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dakota

Looks like a Golden Eye duck
Dave Rinker

KEC

With a fair degree of confidence, I concur with drake Mallard. I can't see the white mark on the head seen on Goldeneyes. As they say with pictures of wood: "Post a better pic." ffcheesy Goldeneye are more often on large water bodies.

Ron Scott

Yes, to a drake mallard, in the family of pond or puddle ducks. Your developed pond areas have made some prime habitat for mallards and black ducks.
~Ron

Jeff

They are definitely Mallards. They are there every day.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Resonator

Always good to have your ducks in a row. (Old saying). :thumbsup:  ffcheesy
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Thank You Sponsors!