iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ending end check checking.

Started by Seaman, May 23, 2017, 09:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaman

Inquiring minds want to know!

What is the name of those staples or S shaped things you drive across end checks on logs? I Googled and Googled, and cannot find it anywhere.
Thanks, Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

WV Sawmiller

Frank,

Check with the UC Coatings people who make anchorseal. I think it is a product they sell too. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

Should have checked first. It is under the Anchorseal site. They call them Metal S's but they also sell some other devices. Skip the UC site and go straight to Anchorseal.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ron Wenrich

Ben Meadows and Forestry Suppliers sells plastic S hooks.  You don't have to take them out when you saw your log. 

There's also a plastic I flitch saver sold by Piper's Saw Shop, which are cheaper.  I've seen them used by veneer buyers.  Also sold by UC Coating, CSP Forestry and other suppliers.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

xlogger

Wonder when you take them out before sawing does the crack keep going? Frank if you get them let me know.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

tmbrcruiser

I was at the Richmond Expo and found a product sold by American Signumat, LTD that is a plastic binder that is not removed just saw through it. Great product! It the mill that I purchase timber for the owner was using a similar product that he was not happy with. Problem was the hammer used to drive the binder in to the log. The head was fixed and it was necessary to hit the face of the log flatly, not easy to do. Signumat has a hammer with a hard rubber ball socket that permits the hammer to flush with the face of the log even if the hit is not perfect. You can view the product at www.signumat.com
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

dustyhat

We have used S" s alot and truss plates ,but they can get to be a pain to get out . the plastic is far more friendly.

Thank You Sponsors!