The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Wavey Cut  (Read 1885 times)

Offline drobertson

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Wavey Cut
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 06:24:33 PM »
Wood-Mizer is not the only blade out there, frankly, I wonder why folks still hold so fast to this.  These blades broke on a constant cycle when I used them, they work, they just break, at least on my mill.  Kasco blades if possible to obtain for those in search would be well worth trying,.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2017, 10:36:11 PM »
Dejan, I overlooked the fact that you have an LT20.  My apology, as I have no experience with the LT20. 

I have not experienced the blade breakage problem that drobertson commented on in the above reply.  Many years ago I had an entire box of blades to break in the weld and the problem was isolated to a particular welder.  They were all replaced under warranty.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline DAR

• Ex-Coal Miner learning to saw wood
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2017, 11:33:28 AM »
Thanks  for the information you gave. I installed new rollers on both sides, new blade and replaced the main belt. One problem. Set the blade pressure at 2400lbs and the inside roller has pressure on it and rolls with the blade all the time. The outside roller doesn't roll at all. Is there a distance from the roller that the blade has to be set with a feeler gauge? The WM manual doesn't say anything about it at all. 

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2017, 01:14:06 PM »
The blade guides on most sawmills are set " below the bandwheels.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline ladylake

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2017, 02:42:02 PM »
 I think your blade is not level with the bunks, with the blade tensioned back the guide rollers off the blade so they're not touching then measure from the blade to the deck (measure several bunks to make sure one isn't bent ), I think WM recommends the blade should be 1/16 higher on the outside, then adjust  both guide rollers to push the blade down 1/4". Also how is the round rail that the head rides on?  I've seen one that was half wore off in the middle which I think would make the head tilt different in the middle where the most wear was. Steve
Timberking B20 14000 hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Wavey cuts

Started by bandmiller2 on Sawmills and Milling

25 Replies
Last post August 12, 2015, 11:09:24 PM
by deadfall
xx
WM-LT40HD Wavey cuts?

Started by Peder McElroy on Sawmills and Milling

37 Replies
Last post January 29, 2012, 08:27:47 PM
by Nomad