iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Author Topic: Central Boiler Edge 750 Titanium  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Roger2561

• Love the outdoors
    • Share Post
Re: Central Boiler Edge 750 Titanium
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2018, 12:27:41 PM »
My thought on this is; even it were open, with the cap down air should not be getting into the firebox.  On my 1400 I have a squirrel cage blower attached to the solenoid box.  When the fire star indicates the need for a fire, it turns on the blower and opens the solenoid to allow air into the firebox.  I'm thinking (and I usually get trouble when I do) that even if the door to the solenoid box is closed, as long as the cap on the elbow is open it's allowing passive air to enter the solenoid box through the blower opening.  Granted it'll take longer for the fire to get going but once it starts there's no stopping it as long as the air is allowed to enter the solenoid box.  That's my $0.02.  Roger

Offline Logging logginglogging

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2018, 02:38:40 PM »
Roger you are correct that's exactly what was happening. Passive air can flow through even without the squirrel cage spinning.

Offline holder73

• Share Post
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »
Did you ever find a fix for this issue or the breaker tripping.  I have had the exact same problem with a 2012 Eclassic 1400.  As soon as firestar controller powers on the breaker trips, I unplugged solenoids one at a time, turning power back on each time til I found the problem to be the secondary high solenoid on my unit.  As long as that solenoid is unplugged everything works.  I tried replacing the solenoid with a spare I had on hand and same thing happened, tripped the breaker on the unit.  I consulted with my dealer and they seemed to think it was the firestar control panel gone bad (it had been through 6 seasons.  So I bought a new firestar II control panel from them, hooked it up, exact same thing happened, breaker tripped as long as that solenoid was connected.  I should also mention that when my problem first began that solenoid was chattering, opening and closing so fast that it was like a rattle, so the lid wasn't stuck with cresote.  On a positive note, I have had the unit running with that solenoid disconnected for 2 weeks and everything is functioning fine, normal burn times, reaction chamber is hitting 1200 degrees, etc.

Offline panolo

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2018, 02:29:22 PM »
(Image hidden from quote, click to view.)(Image hidden from quote, click to view.)

(Image hidden from quote, click to view.)
I used a graphite lube on the arm after I cleaned it with a brake clean and it helped mine. The lube dries so it doesn't collect dust or debris. It also looks like you are getting a bunch of moisture in your burns with the liquid marks on the elbow. I get some buildup on the inside lip but is minor and has never caused a boil over.  Have you checked that elbow for buildup and do you have a bunch of creosote in it? I changed my burn splits to 192-172, 20 degree diff and it cut creosote to almost nil. I have not had my solenoid stick since then. In watching my firestar graphs if I am not getting at least 1150 degrees I know there is an issue. Wetter wood, solenoid not operating, plugged elbow, etc. 

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2018, 04:21:42 PM »
panolo,welcome to the forum.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline panolo

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2018, 04:51:17 PM »
Thank you!

Offline boilerman101

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2018, 11:06:09 PM »
Holder are you confident the replacement solenoid you installed was new and that it is a good solenoid? Could you ohm in out with a multimeter?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Anyone with a new Central boiler Classic Edge Titanium series boiler yet?

Started by Logging logginglogging on Firewood and Wood Heating

15 Replies
Last post June 18, 2017, 10:06:05 PM
by Logging logginglogging
xx
Central boiler titanium

Started by DDW_OR on Firewood and Wood Heating

0 Replies
Last post September 15, 2018, 10:29:37 PM
by DDW_OR
xx
Central Boiler Classic 6048 or Edge 750