iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Scored some More Free Cherry Timber Yesterday

Started by 123maxbars, July 23, 2017, 08:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

Got a call from a former customer yesterday that wanted some more Timber removed. She is building a house and wanted me to cut down a few trees where the home will seat.  I was able to get a few cherry and hickory logs from the days work, Was a hot day working in TN the temp go to 95. Made a short video showing the progress.

She asked I leave the stumps a little high though for removal by bigger equipment. Not a bad day for free timber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B3ShgcEDJs
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

123maxbars

Forgot to add I am building a small timber frame at my place this fall. I am going to use the small cherry logs for braces and other components of the build.
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

WV Sawmiller

Nice video. Good to have helper/friends with nice equipment like the tractor shown.

Must have passed right by your place last Saturday on our way to Birmingham Ala and took that stretch of I-81. Most active Hwy patrol I have seen in a long time over on the Va side of Bristol. I think we saw at least 6-8 with people pulled over there.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

samandothers

Nice, thank you. 

I wondered after the walnut log round up if you'd get poison ivy.  Those were covered up and these looked to be similar. 

Thanks for sharing!

nativewolf

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on July 23, 2017, 08:49:31 AM
   Nice video. Good to have helper/friends with nice equipment like the tractor shown.

Must have passed right by your place last Saturday on our way to Birmingham Ala and took that stretch of I-81. Most active Hwy patrol I have seen in a long time over on the Va side of Bristol. I think we saw at least 6-8 with people pulled over there.

County Sheriff speed traps, 2 -3 counties south of Wythville.  Sometimes the State get excited too.  Stay 5-6 mph over the posting or..else.  Also in VA over 80 is a big fine, big.  Sometimes folks headed down to the race track think they are going to be on the track.
Liking Walnut

WV Sawmiller

NWolf,

Come to think of it the sheriff's cars were the ones we saw with blue lights on. I suspect its a budget thing more than criminal enforcement. Anyway we got through okay at no more than 2-3 mph over posted limits.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

nativewolf

Yep it is just those counties, the other bad one is 77 from Wythville to NC border, always 2 + county sheriffs.  I do think it is budget. 

Anyhow, 123 maxbars is not afraid of a little poison ivy and is getting some wood. 
Liking Walnut

paul case

Nice video.
Super nice table.
not so nice hole in the last tree. It would still make firewood. or a culvert. or split it in half with the mill and make 2 flower beds. Or who knows what!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

123maxbars

Quote from: nativewolf on July 24, 2017, 06:46:19 AM
Yep it is just those counties, the other bad one is 77 from Wythville to NC border, always 2 + county sheriffs.  I do think it is budget. 

Anyhow, 123 maxbars is not afraid of a little poison ivy and is getting some wood.

Well the Ivy got me again, not so bad this time though, still aggravates me!
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

123maxbars

Quote from: paul case on July 24, 2017, 09:35:34 AM
Nice video.
Super nice table.
not so nice hole in the last tree. It would still make firewood. or a culvert. or split it in half with the mill and make 2 flower beds. Or who knows what!

PC

I left it for the land owner, she is going to turn it into a flower bed,

outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Thank You Sponsors!