Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Savannahdan

I enjoy watching them flying around the front yard knowing they are helping reduce the mosquito population.  Great wingspan photo.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Kbeitz

Quote from: Peter Drouin on September 03, 2017, 06:58:45 AM
Did you let him go?

Yep...  Hey was in no hurry to wake up. He/she sat there watching me
for about 30 min before flying off.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

4x4American

It was a he/she!?  I didn't know the bats were doing that also!!   :D :D
Boy, back in my day..

coxy

4x4 are you making fun of bats now ;)  :-X  :D

4x4American

Quote from: coxy on September 03, 2017, 12:30:04 PM
4x4 are you making fun of bats now ;) :-X :D

See that there proves I'm not rascist or xylophoneaphobic or whatever, I make fun of everyone/everything!
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

But, 4x4 did he/she know what bathroom to use? :D :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

coxy

did you mean batroom  :D  4x4  say that word 3x faster  :D

grouch

Quote from: Peter Drouin on September 03, 2017, 01:15:00 PM
But, 4x4 did he/she know what bathroom to use? :D :D :D :D ;)

If you know of some bats that concern themselves with such -stuff-, you could be rich and famous. Otherwise, just hope that he/she invites a few thousand friends and relatives, he/she or she/he, to dump their money-disguised-as-manure somewhere convenient for you to shovel. It would be nice if there were enough to cause you to need a front end loader to move the -stuff-. Check market prices for guano.

Find something to do that interests you.

grouch

I've never caught a bat. Those teeth are good enough reason.

Best photos I've ever gotten of the one or ones that come to my garage:

Find something to do that interests you.

Don P

Do any of you know of a polite way to repel them from an open shop or porch? There's 25 or so that hang out under the ridge inside and under the barn shed and poop and pee on everything, boy does that rust things not to mention the eau du batroom. I've had a screech owl move in a couple of times and move them along which just changes the color and size of the guano  :D

4x4American

my friends old man gives them a place to stay he builds bat houses and that way keeps em where he wants em
Boy, back in my day..

Al_Smith

We had bats get in the house when I was a teenager through the fireplace flue .I would go outside and get the tom cat,then a tennis racket .Bonk,the cat had it .Out went cat with bat .Nothing left but the wings when Tom was done .He was a good mouser too .

Woodcutter_Mo

That looks a little bigger than the bats around my area. When I was working on the house a while back I spooked one out from under the eve of the roof and it landed on my shirt  :o. Talk about a surprise while standing on the scaffolding  :D
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Chuck White

Quote from: Don P on September 03, 2017, 06:41:37 PM
Do any of you know of a polite way to repel them from an open shop or porch? There's 25 or so that hang out under the ridge inside and under the barn shed and poop and pee on everything, boy does that rust things not to mention the eau du batroom. I've had a screech owl move in a couple of times and move them along which just changes the color and size of the guano  :D

When they are out, spray the area with Fly Spray, Lysol, or anything else that you can think of that they won't like to be around!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!