iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Tool

Started by Bruno of NH, September 03, 2017, 01:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

Quote from: PA_Walnut on September 06, 2017, 06:54:19 AM

I think these tools are designed by politicians...they extract cash from you at an alarming rate!  :(
:D :D

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Magicman on September 05, 2017, 05:26:29 PM
I have one of the first battery drills made by Souix.  It has a cord with two alligator clips for connecting it to a 12v auto battery.

I have an old craftsman 14.4v drill that the battery packs and charger died many years ago. I put some wires onto the battery connections in the handle of the drill and ran some wires to a cigarette lighter plug. Its my backup for fencing projects if the dewalt batteries are all dead. Just plug it into the socket on the 4-wheeler and drill away.  :D

Dave Shepard

My research into replacing li-ion cells was that unless you have the right equipment and replacement cells, its not a good idea, and only marginally cost effective. I've ended up with enough batteries just buying news tools. I now have enough batteries that I can build two or three small barns without recharging. There is another 9.0 and another rapid charger not in the pic.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

coxy

looks like your starting your own department store  ;D

Bruno of NH

Dave you are set up well :)
That's a lot of portable power me hates cords as I get older :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Dave Shepard

Its only 89.5ah@18v. :D I had to make a choice as to what platform I was going to use a couple of years ago. I think I got lucky, as the offerings from Milwaukee have been very impressive. Its a tough decision, though, especially if you already have some tools from one brand.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

newoodguy78

Dave I couldn't agree more about deciding on a platform to go with. Once you pick one it gets really pricy to switch.
Btw how do you manage to keep track of what batteries are charged? That's a lot of batteries to keep track of.

Dave Shepard

Milwaukee batteries have a fuel gauge on them, four red lights. Just push the button and you know instantly.

newoodguy78

Gotcha I remembered that after I posted, can you tell I'm on the Makita platform? :D

Dave Shepard

Its really handy to know the charge. I think most brands have some sort of gauge now.

Crusarius

I have been replacing all of my air tools with M18 stuff. They do have some great tools. If you get to the farm shows around me there is always 1 item for a great price. Last time I bought it was the M18 impact. That thing puts my pneumatic one to shame.

Ljohnsaw

Reviving the thread...

Home Depot is having a Cyber sale on DeWalt.  I just purchased a 20v 1/2" (400 ft-lb) impact driver for $149 with bag, charger and 5ahr battery.  Something like 58% off list.  They also have a 3/8" driver for the same price, but a bit less power (~130 ft-lb).
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

starmac

Those prices are not bad, but 400 ft pounds would be a step back 20 years or more in time for me.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

PA_Walnut

Dewalt just released a 60V worm-drive saw. I think that will make a nice add to the arsenal!
*DanG them!  :o ::)
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Bruno of NH

Yup
I will be getting one of the worm drives
Worm drives are my favorite saw to use
They just feal right for me
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

caveman

Quote from: Magicman on September 05, 2017, 05:26:29 PM
I have one of the first battery drills made by Souix.  It has a cord with two alligator clips for connecting it to a 12v auto battery.

That is what I do with the 12-14.4 v cordless drills and circular saws after the batteries are shot.  They get wires and clips and ride around in the JD Gator.  The saw will cut a lot of fence boards using an automotive battery as a power source.
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!