iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Firefox issues

Started by sawguy21, September 05, 2017, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

I tried to reply to a post on another forum and got this message. I could log in but couldn't open any threads. It also appeared on a well known mainstream news channel.
"Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.rv.net has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website."
Anybody else seen this? Have they not paid access fees or what? I'm going to try another browser.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ianab

The admin of the site has let the security certificate expire.  What an https connection does is encrypt the messages between you and the web server, and also uses an independent service to confirm the server is the legit one it claims to be. This stops criminals setting up a fake bank site and collecting your login. The FF doesn't use https yet as we don't deal with secret squirrel info, so you won't get that message here.

The site is probably still fine, just that Firefox can't confirm it's the legit server you are talking to. If it was you banking site that had been hijacked, you would want to be warned off right?
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sawguy21

Thanks Ian, I sorta understand what you are talking about.  :D I tried another browser, same thing. Interestingly, the owner of that site is the CEO of Camping World who has told Trump supporters to take their business elsewhere. :o Maybe his ears are burning. ;D

Magicman

I log onto that RV forum almost daily and have not seen that message.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

Have you tried to reply to a thread?

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21