iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone have any experience with Timberpro 62cc chainsaw

Started by ronzxcvb, September 16, 2017, 01:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronzxcvb

I need to take down a few trees maple, oak and pine so want to mill them with an Alaskan mill
nothing real big will probably drop all of them them with my 16" saw and just use the new 20" 62cc  for milling
cant afford a sthil and used stuff goes for way too much around here IMO
But still looking for something used
Right now will just be taking off a few inches off some pine too stack them like a log cabin
the reviews look good and at $120 is probably a lot cheaper than I could ever find a good used one
from the listing
TIMBERPRO 62cc 20" Petrol Chainsaw. High quality designed for both professional and domestic use.

Comes with a 2 year warranty for home use, includes a carry bag and 2 chains, tool kit and detailed user manual.

Specification:
•Powerful 62cc Air Cooled 2 Stroke Engine
•Blade Length: 20"
•Automatic Chain Lubrication
•Side Mounted Chain Tensioner
•Alloy Starting Mechanism
•Assisted Starting System
•Fuel Mixture: 25/1
•Fuel Tank capacity: 550ml
•Chain Oil Capacity: 260ml

Accessories:
•Blade Guard
•Fuel Mixing Bottle
•2 Chains
•Chainsaw Carry/Storage Bag
•Toolkit in storage case
•Detailed English user manual
•2 Year Warranty

sawguy21

A 'petrol' chainsaw with a 20" 'blade'? It is certainly an off shore knockoff. I suppose if it starts and cuts you are ahead of the game but if it doesn't where do you get warranty service? Also, at only 62cc it will be badly under powered for milling.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Caloren

I see where it can't be sold in California, probably won't meet the CARB specs with that 25 to 1 oil ratio. I have used my ms310 60cc saw for a little light milling, but don't want to do it again. If I ever do any more milling it will be with a 70 or 80cc saw.
Stihl MS 170, Stihl MS 310, Stihl 028 AV Super, and half a dozen other no-accounts! Cat D4 D.

ronzxcvb

From the reviews I have read they are supposed to be good at sending out parts but if I cant figure our whats wrong I will probably be SOL
Couldn't find any knock offs or anything cheap larger than 62cc Hopefully if I keep the chain sharp and go slow it will be good enough
I'm retired so have more time than money + have a bad back so do everything slow and take a lot of breaks anyways
I thought generally power equipment was supposed to work better if it didn't meet the California emissions?
I have been looking for a new chainsaw for awhile now and thought this one was the best one for the money I could afford with $67 for shipping
But found it with free shipping so if it don't work out will only be out $119

joe_indi

We have these here  since 3 years, the higher displacement version of the original knockoff of the Zenoah 45/52cc saws. The only differences are a bigger piston and cylinder, crankshaft, 3/8 rim instead of the .325 one, a whole lot of bulged out covers (like stiffeners in a tuxedo) to give a more chunky appearance and in some cases, an easy start recoil starter. Price range starts from the equivalent of $.100 US. If the 50c crankshaft bearings (ordinary 6202 also used in ceiling fans) are replaced with decent ones, even a couple of old ones from the flywheel side of several Stihl  saws that use 6202 bearings, coupled with a spark plug replacement with a NGK BPMR7 you can expect atleast a 50% increase in performance, if not more.

ronzxcvb

Thanks for the bearing tip  Any brand recommendations?
My wife works for an industrial tooling distributor so also going to ask one there salesman  could possibly get them through there
My be awhile before I even get the saw bought it from ebay 5-6 weeks for shipping
So hopefully There not rowing it over from china and just put a really long delivery time so they cant lose a star
It should come with a 325  .058 bar I am planning on getting a better bar  And thinking about going to a 3/8 bar 
Then would I also need to replace the sprocket on the saw?

joe_indi

The easiest way to get bearings would be to pay a visit to any chainsaw shop and ask them for a few discarded bearings from the flywheel side of a MS 460, 461, 361, 362 , they all have the same NTN 6202 C3 bearings for two stroke engine crankshaft, lubrication by gas-oil mixture, rated for rpm greater than 16500

ronzxcvb

Caloren

When changing from 325 to 3/8 you will also have to change the sprocket as well as the bar. Why not just use what comes on it to see how it works? You can always switch over after you wear out the first chain.
Stihl MS 170, Stihl MS 310, Stihl 028 AV Super, and half a dozen other no-accounts! Cat D4 D.

Hixs83

I've seen these in the flesh. The build quality didn't inspire much confidence. However, these go for 99-129 quid on the UK site. Might pick one up for dirty work. The 16" bar on the 251 doesn't always cut it size wise, and it's always better to have a tool for every job, then have one tool for multiple jobs!
Stihl MS 193T - Stihl MS 251C - 20 Cats - 4 Dogs - 2 Arabian Horses - 1 Lady - 1 Farmhouse - Lots of alcohol to sooth the pain

Oldgringo63

I bought a Timberpro 62cc to use for milling mesquite, one of the hardest woods in the world. After some minor adjustments of both the high and low rpm carb settings it runs great (1/4 turn in on both for California). The chains are another story but after comparing the chains and bar to my other 20" saw I discovered that the 76DL bar is just a little bit shorter than my 78DL bar and that my 78DL bar and chain fit and work perfectly on the Timberpro 62cc. Here are the numbers.
Oregon 200PXBK041 .050" Gauge .325" Pitch 20" Advance Cut Bar
Oregon chisel 20" chainsaw chain .325 .050 78 DL H78 20lpx078g,20lpx078ck
These are a lot less expensive than the Timberpro bar and chain and much better quality, And yes, the chainsaw can be shipped to California! Oh! I reground the teeth to 15 degrees and filed the rakers down to .035 inches.

John Mc

Quote from: Oldgringo63 on December 26, 2017, 08:24:15 PMOh! I reground the teeth to 15 degrees and filed the rakers down to .035 inches.

What was your goal with that regrind?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

starmac

I dont' have a clue how it will work for you, I Didn't know a guy could buy any saw, complete with bar and chain for 129 bucks.
Be sure and give us an update once you put it to use.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Jerryok1971

I purchased one of those 62cc saws from another brand. That one was a Homdox. It was an ebay impulse buy. Advertised as a 20 inch 62cc saw for 100 bucks free shipping I thought I'd give it a try. Well the bar was 18 inches not 20. Found out after I bought 2 Sthil chains and they didn't fit. Learned you should buy saw chain by the drive link number which is 68 for that model and that's an 18 inch bar. It worked well however. Cut up a maple tree that went down in my yard. It was about 24 inches at the trunk and it handled it. The pull starter assembly has will not recoil now on it. It's the second time this problem has happened. I can't find a replacement part for it. So I guess for theoney it did cut well. But there is a reason the name brand saws are expensive.  Just don't expect it to last like a high dollar saw. Good luck with it.
Jerry

Thank You Sponsors!