iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT70 Wood Splitter....or......How to Avoid Swinging an Axe

Started by Percy, October 08, 2017, 04:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I see pulp being weighted here,but I don't see much firewood by the cord being weighted.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DelawhereJoe

Around here anyway you have to be very specific when you talk to the people that sell firewood. If you ask for a cord of wood and they think you don't know any better they will take your money and give you a face cord and gravity stack it for you.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

4x4American

Quote from: Percy on October 10, 2017, 10:08:02 AM
Quote from: 4x4American on October 09, 2017, 07:52:06 PM
I gotta couple two three pieces of that myself :D

Nice...now you just gotta stack it all, you old coot!!! :D

Thanks for your offer to come stack it for me, Percy, I'd love to have you come do that seeing as how I'm such an old coot!! lol
Boy, back in my day..

paul case

Quote from: redprospector on October 10, 2017, 07:55:34 PM
Quote from: Magicman on October 10, 2017, 02:31:30 PM
There is nothing other than "fresh felled" on any log trucks that I see and everything is weighed.
The only time logs are weighed around here, DOT is involved.    :D

I reckon that nobody wins in that weigh in either.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

rjwoelk

The compay I get my firewood logs from log and haul it to their yard in the winter. I order in spring,  6 to 10 inch logs butts are 10 to 14 inch. 16 ft long. So these logs may be a year old to a few months old. They have 4 to 6 000 cord a year they go through. So weight would not work either.
I guess every one does what they can and the ones that shaft someone or alot of someones will soon be out of business.  We had the province under fire ban all summer so only sold half as much wood as other years.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Percy

Quote from: 4x4American on October 10, 2017, 09:30:03 PM
Quote from: Percy on October 10, 2017, 10:08:02 AM
Quote from: 4x4American on October 09, 2017, 07:52:06 PM
I gotta couple two three pieces of that myself :D

Nice...now you just gotta stack it all, you old coot!!! :D

Thanks for your offer to come stack it for me, Percy, I'd love to have you come do that seeing as how I'm such an old coot!! lol
I dont mind helpin a fellow coffin dodger stack wood. When Im there, we can have a few wobbly pops and then some "walker races"  ;D ;D
BTW, howd you get so old, so fast?? (125)
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Jemclimber

He's lying about his age, just like most women do. Only he's going in the right direction.   People will say "WOW, you are in amazing shape for being a 125 years old."
lt15

Percy

Quote from: Jemclimber on October 12, 2017, 07:00:09 AM
He's lying about his age, just like most women do. Only he's going in the right direction.   People will say "WOW, you are in amazing shape for being a 125 years old."
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

4x4American

No it's true I really am 125 I turned it over the other day on my odometer.
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!