iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rockwell t266 pto?

Started by Satamax, October 12, 2017, 04:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

sorry people. I changed the title to reflect my recent discoveries. Hi everybody.

Seems that on my Latil, which is pure french normally, i have a thing which might be American. Or not far. The T case is seemingly a sort of evolution of the m35's 136-27.

Output shaft for the pto looks like this.

So i'm looking for a cheap p-136-c power take off.

If any of you have a lead.

I have found a complete one for 1200 dolls. And one incomplete, missing the actuating mechanism, for 575.

That's dear!

The other option is to use a modified jeep one, for the Dana 18. But i dont know the power rating of this jeep one

Thanks guys!
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

Guys. A bit more info.

There's plenty of Rockwell t cases which are similar.

Daft question, does their numbers, t136, t182, t266 go by the reduction ratio?

I have seen on eBay, a t182 whih the same punched numbers. Looks rather close.

Numbers on it leads me to a t266. I know the reduction ratio is 1.72. Given by the description of the tractor, and also, it's stamped on the tcase.

Soo, not only the rear pto of the 136 can work. But from some other equipement as well.

Opens options. Now, if i find the right number, i might find a cheaper pto. Not paying "army" or ww2 premium!

Most certainly, it's been built by Soma in St Étienne.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

Ouch.  It's hard to find one cheap. My t-case could Aldo be a T 223. Like on seventies, eighties F800.

If ever someone has an idea

Neilo

Do you have any more photos of the whole transfer case?

Here is a t226 with a PTO for photo comparison.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272888203917

Satamax

Thanks a lot Neilo, for your reply.

Unfortunately, i don't have a pic of the whole T case. It's in the chassis, under the cab. But looking at your pics, that's a 226, the rear casting of mine, looks quite a bit like this one. I can tell you this one was positioned the same as mine. Bigger casting to the front. There is a "declutch"  for the front wheels, which i have too.

Riwaka

Most skilled metal workers with a lathe, mill etc could make an adapter to convert the bolt? in the middle part to a modern day driveshaft pattern.
You might want to use a modern driveshaft as the 'weak' link in your drive train, something that is easy to repair if it breaks.
http://www.dana.com/off-highway/products/driveshafts

Satamax

Riwaka, thanks for your reply.

Sorry i don't quite get what you mean. For the shaft, i'm not too worried. But i wouldn't directly lock it to this driver dog. I need a dog clutch. So when i'm driving, i'm not running the winch. I have a mill and lathe. And i was considering transforming a spicer h18 rear pto, from old jeeps. Only problem, torque and power handling of such a pto is unknown.

Today, i have sent out few emails to several wreckers who have the pto on their tcase.

Will see wgat comes out of this.

Satamax

Hi everybody.

Well, i think i will go the addapt route.

In France, we have plenty of old Fiat panda 4x4.

And there is a dog clutch locking  for the rear axle. Which is about the right size. Volume wise.

All i hope is that it is tough enough.

But once the adapter is done. It will be easy to replace tho.

Well, copied this image, from an italian car forum. And translated the labels.

Basically, i would make a round adapter, on my T case, which would receive the casing's front half. where the pinion is on the picture. Of the right length. With a driving cross mated to the one in my T case; replacing the pinion. And the rest is simple. There is a dog clutch inside this. All i would have to do after adapting this, is to make a lever and adapt the shaft for the winch.

Satamax

If you want to see more of what is inside. Here's the forum. In French sorry!

http://www.italian-cars-club.com/italian-cars-club-forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=21671

When i see the hand of the guy, i guess it is beefy enough.

mike_belben

Looks like a handy engage/disengage coupler. 

If the strength of the unit is in question, select a winch with a very high numerical gear ratio downstream.  This will require less input torque to pass through the fiat coupler because the winch reduction is doing more multiplication.  A slow winch is faster than a broken one.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!