iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pleasant surprise

Started by maple flats, January 16, 2018, 06:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

On my 2011 F350 diesel 4x4 crew, I mounted the Fisher Frame for the plow off my old 2001 F 250. After mounting it, my BIL said several times he'd install the wire harness for the truck (since he had installed a few on the old F series trucks with the 7.3 and some with gas). (all of the old wire harness had been taken from the 2001 F250 and some necessary new components bought). Every time I asked if he could come that day (he's retired as I am) he was busy. Finally I asked him yesterday if he wanted me to get the plow dealer to do it because he goes in for surgery next week. He said that would be a good idea. So today I went to the dealer. He said he'd do the wiring for $80, and I now have an appt. for tomorrow morning. Had I known how little he'd charge I'd have had it done 2-3 weeks ago when I finished mounting the frame. I had gotten a quote for the frame and mounting it along with using my old wire harness from another plow dealer and he quoted me $1950 for the frame, necessary wire adapters all connected and mounted, still using my old plow. From the guy I bought the frame from I paid $740 for the frame and headlight harness which had to be used to tie the headlights to the old harness, and $175 for a control box, the old one was different and could not be used. It took me 4 hrs to mount the frame. I guess that other guy must have a lot higher overhead.
I would have tried the wiring myself, but they were nothing like what I had removed from the old truck.
It will be just in time to have my plow operational, next week I start working the woods in prep. for tapping and to park roadside where I do, I need to move the snow pile over about 6' so I'm parked off the pavement on a busy county road.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

maple flats

The plow was done on Monday, and it works great. I do have some polishing to do on the on a hydraulic cylinder rods, the main lift one is rusty on the upper 6-7", the angle ones are good. I'll take some emery cloth and clean the rod as much as I can, so hopefully it won't damage the seal. I need to use the excavator to push that cylinder down when stored in the off season, I failed to do that last year. This Fisher plow is 19 yrs old but I bought it when it was 10 yrs old. The damage was from the original owner.
Using the plow, I find the 1 ton handles the plow far better than my old 3/4 ton, but I'll need to be careful not to ram snow banks hard. The blade is only designed for 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks. I'll see if I can make it last. If not I'll need to get a new heavier blade sometime.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

snowstorm

Use steel wool. Do not use every cloth

snowstorm

As far as a 250 compared to a 350 if it's srw.  They are the same except the 350 will have a thicker spacer block under the rear springs. Same axles and drive train. If the plow lift cylinder is hard to push down lossen the gland just a little.

Thank You Sponsors!