iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer Special Edition Mill

Started by SlowJoeCrow, November 02, 2017, 11:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowJoeCrow

As I'm sure some have already seen, Woodmizer is teasing about their black friday deals, including unveiling a new "Special Edition" sawmill for under $6k.  This should be interesting to see what it is.  7 days and counting.

Will it be a LT12.5?? :D :D

Crusarius

its going to be red instead of orange? :)

schakey

Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Darrel

I heard from a reliable or not so reliable source from someone in the know or the unknown that it is a LT15 with hydraulics.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

SlowJoeCrow

Hydraulics for under $6k... I would buy it!!

I cant' help but wonder if it will be an import hobby model... I hope not though.

schakey

Quote from: SlowJoeCrow on November 03, 2017, 07:18:25 AM
Hydraulics for under $6k... I would buy it!!
I'll be second in line!

I cant' help but wonder if it will be an import hobby model... I hope not though.
If so forget it
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

dmoore1983

I can't tell you guys much but what I can tell you is that it is for sure MADE IN THE U.S.A. in Batesville, Indiana!
May the Lord bless and keep you...

Darrel

Just speculation here, but for a model number it will start with the letters "SE" for special edition followed by 3 digits, the last one being a "0". It will be "wide" and have 2 rails. More horse power than an LT15 and have power feed and a basic setworks.
1992 LT40HD

schakey

This is the only time I look forward to Black Friday.
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

SlowJoeCrow

Well, I don't know what's up their sleeve, they pretty much got all the bases covered already.  Good to know it won't be an import.  A slabbing mill???

Slingshot

But it will probably have an imported engine on it.

TKehl

Combo sawmill, deer stand, and turkey blind.  Overhead winch for turning logs or hanging deer.  Fold down processing table.  Magnetic overlay for the setworks control for automatic steak thickness repetition.

And the whole thing will be camo so the wife can't find it.   She won't know about it if she can't see it.  ;D  :D
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Darrel

Here it is almost 1 am on November 10, I'm feeling under the weather and can't sleep, thinking about the Wood-Mizer special edition and I just remembered the LX100 I've seen videos of that is sold in Europe.  Hmmmm  ???
1992 LT40HD

SlowJoeCrow

loganworks2

Just received the new winter flier and no limited edition mentioned.

KirkD

Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

dmoore1983

May the Lord bless and keep you...

JV

The info I read says the mill will be shown on Nov 24 Black Friday sale.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

wesdor

Plus 1 on what JV says. I was looking for it today but now it won't be until Nov 24.

Stuart Caruk

My money is on an upgraded LX450 with a diesel engine, debarker, and Accuset 2. FWIW, I expect one under my tree by this Christmas...
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

SlowJoeCrow

Yeah that was a let-down, they made it seem like it was going to be announced yesterday.

Darrell, you could be right, that would make sense.

Darrel

The LT15START. I'm not sure why anyone would want it.

Price $5,495
Log length  11'
Feed  Manual push
$200 in extras

Standard LT15

Sale price $5,495
Log length 17' 11"
Feed crank
No $200 in extras
1992 LT40HD

TKehl

I show regular LT15 on sale at $6995.  ???
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Darrel

I went to the build and price page and that's where I got the price I quoted. I went back later and looked at the page that shows all models and saw the $6995 price tag, I think it must be a typo that had me wondering.
1992 LT40HD

Thank You Sponsors!