iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

War Eagle!!!!

Started by WV Sawmiller, November 25, 2017, 06:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

26-14 - Nuff Said. 8) 8) 8)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

btulloh

I had no dog in that fight, but Auburn was impressive.  Looking forward to SEC Champ game - and beyond.  College football is never dull.
HM126

WV Sawmiller

Yeah. Should be exciting. I am worried about playing Ga again especially after getting beat up as bad as AU is after playing Alabama.

I said before this game if Auburn plays like they did against Ga and Alabama plays like they did against Mississippi St we have a good chance.

It has to be driving the raters crazy when the 2 teams Auburn beat actually have better records than Auburn. 10:1 for them, 9:2 for Auburn.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

BTW - you do realize the Tigers won every game Auburn played this year.
Howard Green

petefrom bearswamp

I see no Bama boys have chimed in
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WV Sawmiller

Pete,

I noticed that too. I figure they are still all on Oxygen and can't talk trash any more.
Howard Green

ljmathias

Historical comment: I taught at Auburn back in 1977-1981. Double digit inflation was eating up income then, and despite a 25% increase in salary over my first three years there, the wife found she couldn't pay the bills. That year they offered Vince Dooley a million dollar contract and told the faculty "No raises this year." Around 10% of the faculty up and left, and those were the good ones, the ones who could find other jobs. I was one of those, in fact. Sadly, Auburn's academics don't seem to have recovered, but the investment in football has certainly paid off, for what it's worth.

I've never understood why universities have expensive athletic programs: less than 1% of the athletes (on full scholarship) ever get jobs in their sports and often end up as used car salesman and such. But hey, who am I to say? I'm having trouble finding undergrads of any stripe who want to learn anything these days. Doesn't speak well for the future of industry in America, maybe why jobs go elsewhere.

Didn't mean to throw cold water, but maybe a touch of reality, and remember: football is fantasy, not reality.

LJ
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

YellowHammer

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on November 26, 2017, 06:21:27 PM
I see no Bama boys have chimed in
Poop happens.  Kicked our butt, outplayed us.  Nothing else to add.  The Iron Bowl is always unpredictable and I have been to my share of them, although I watched this one on the TV. It was a good win for Auburn.  It helps the pain when Kerryon and Malik went to our high school and played in the same athletic program where my daughters played. So we know Kerryon's folks and now that Bama is out, we will pull for a fellow team from ALABAMA over Georgia any day.  BTW, my son in law is an Auburn fan.  So we have to deal with it all the time.  Watch out for us next year.  Roll Tide!
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WV Sawmiller

lj,

Sorry your memories of your days at AU are less fond than those of many of the rest of us. We may have overlapped briefly as I left in August 1977 and brother graduated the next year. I never thought someone on a scholarship was supposed to find work in his sport. I figured his sports playing just paid for his education and gave kids with a talent but no money an opportunity. My wife went to school there on a music scholarship and taught high school band till she retired a few years back and influenced many young men and women over the years. Her big complaint when watching the games on TV is they don't show enough of the bands.

YH,

Thanks for the gracious comments and for sending us Keryon Johnson and Malik. I just hope you guys didn't beat him up too bad to be effective against Ga again this weekend.

It still seems up in the air what will happen with Alabama this year. It has been hard these last few years but I did always root for Alabama when it came down to the finals and they represented the SEC.
Howard Green

Raider Bill

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on November 30, 2017, 09:03:43 AM
lj,

Sorry your memories of your days at AU are less fond than those of many of the rest of us. We may have overlapped briefly as I left in August 1977 and brother graduated the next year. I never thought someone on a scholarship was supposed to find work in his sport. I figured his sports playing just paid for his education and gave kids with a talent but no money an opportunity. My wife went to school there on a music scholarship and taught high school band till she retired a few years back and influenced many young men and women over the years. Her big complaint when watching the games on TV is they don't show enough of the bands.

YH,

Thanks for the gracious comments and for sending us Keryon Johnson and Malik. I just hope you guys didn't beat him up too bad to be effective against Ga again this weekend.

It still seems up in the air what will happen with Alabama this year. It has been hard these last few years but I did always root for Alabama when it came down to the finals and they represented the SEC.

Used to be at halftime they showed schools marching bands and pageantry. Now it's 30 minutes of talking heads and babbling.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WV Sawmiller

Bill,

That's what Becky complains about. The band works just as hard to perfect their music and field routine every week as the team does but they don't get the recognition they deserve. At least in WV and maybe typical of other high schools the band is part of the Athletic Association and if they don't meet certain standards and requirements the whole athletic program can be put on probation. Unfortunately the band and other organizations often have to fight for their share of the pie such as gate and concession stand proceeds.
Howard Green

Raider Bill

I have to admit in the past  years I've enjoyed college ball more than the pros. Can't say I have a favorite team though just enjoy the game.

I do have a pet peeve with NCAA ball though, what's with everyone wearing gray?

WV Sawmiller

7-28 ??? :( :( :(  (I'm going into hiding.)

Congratulations Georgia Fans. Looks like Alabama took too much out of us last week.

Go Clemson.
Howard Green

Magicman

College football is the only football that is being watched here.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Claybraker

UGA fan here,  lot's of fond memories of Saturday football games when I was a freshman in '74. viewed from the tracks before they enclosed Sanford Stadium.  The team bus would let the players out in front of us, and Erk Russell would knock heads with the players just to make sure they were properly motivated.  My bad, I should have let this thread die a natural death, or possibly drift to subjects like religion or politics that don't involve strong emotional responses like SEC football.  As Ron White said, I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

petefrom bearswamp

Read saturday that Bama and O state Buckeyes are in the running for the final spot in the playoffs
Dont know when the decision will be made..
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Raider Bill

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on December 04, 2017, 08:45:50 AM
Read saturday that Bama and O state Buckeyes are in the running for the final spot in the playoffs
Dont know when the decision will be made..
If I had to choose I'd go with Bama. OSU lost 2 games pretty bad and Bama only 1 to a high ranked team.

petefrom bearswamp

Just saw that the ny times says it is Bama.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

WV Sawmiller

Go Dawgs! (What??? Did I actually say that?)

I'm pulling for the SEC rep whether it is Ga or Alabama (although that will be very, very hard to do) and if they are playing each other then for Ga as the underdog in this fight.

If its Clemson and Ohio - go Tigers.
Howard Green

YellowHammer

ROLL TIDE!!!!
What a game!
YellowHammerisms:

WV Sawmiller

I must admit I was crushed last week when AU let UCF beat them. I think they underestimated their opponent. I think UCF really got  the shaft with a final ranking of #12 after going undefeated and beating AU, the team that beat both top ranked teams during the regular season. Going into the Peach bowl they were ranked #12 and AU was #7. UCF won but did not advance. ???

I was very happy watching the Rose Bowl. I think Ga and Ok played the hardest game I saw all year.

I must admit I was rooting for the Dawgs last night as the underdog but admit UA played well. If GA could not win I could not wish for a better opponent in that game.

Congratulations. I will say everyone watching got their money's worth. Nobody should under-rate the SEC.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!