iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Faux Cordwood Wall

Started by Jeff, April 23, 2016, 08:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Wow that came out great. It looks so warm and inviting. I can't wait to see the pavillion that you design up for your new building.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

I've decorated my entryway tree for the first time. BOO! :) his eyes fade in and out red.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ox

:D  Cool, I like that!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Jeff

I gave "Skully" an upgrade using garbage bags, conduit and some duct tape. 

Roxie

That looks so awesome!  Especially with that gray stormy cloud in the background.   smiley_skull
Say when

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You gonna scare the  :o :o :o :o outta some kid.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Oh, I've been making kids cry since I was 12 when I put a walky talky in a big Jacko lantern on mom's porch. ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on October 23, 2016, 06:23:53 PM
Oh, I've been making kids cry since I was 12 when I put a walky talky in a big Jacko lantern on mom's porch. ;D

:D :D :D :D Oh my side.....you're killing me.  :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

One year we had Stacy standing in a body bag as Tammy sat out side passing out candy. Kids would eye her up and the ones that simply turned around to walk away, she would quietly follow out the drive, then freeze if they turned around. One poor kid wet his pants. He was with his mom and she thought it was hilarious.  We did the same thing  another year with me dressed like a scarecrow type wit a rubber mask sitting on a milk can in the corner.

Roxie

My neighbor with a wooded lot has witches and ghosts on pulleys with hollowing music in the background.  He has a scarecrow with a chainsaw against a lamp post, but on Halloween night, he is in the scarecrow clothing, and starts up that chainsaw.  It's my habit to sit on the porch and listen to the children scream.  They love it!  I can hear them begging their parents to go back again. Once as I sat outside, I heard one of the children up on the road tell his mother, "It's okay here, Mom.  Just some old woman."   

Did I mention that I love Halloween? 
Say when

Jeff

Christmas makeover for Skully.  Yea I know. I'm a sick puppy.

Ox

Ha ha, that's pretty creative!  I bet you get more than one chuckle outta that.
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

thecfarm

I don't know about that one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Remember Ray, this is not baby Jesus, it is a fictitious character making light of another fictitious character.

thecfarm

I'm all set and I suspect others that understand the guy in red are too.
It's just the 5-6-7-8 years old that I am thinking about.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Very few youngsters in this neighborhood anymore,  They just appear from everywhere for trick or treating, so they know what to expect from me. Where we live, you don't just drive by, you really need to be living here close or visiting someone close.

This isn't the first time I've done something like this.   Years ago, I had a small stuffed reindeer standing on top of the flagpole.  The neighbor next door remarked how cold and lonely he looked up there, and she did it in a disparaging way. SO, I made a change for her.  I got a huge stuffed eagle one of the kids had and put it up there with the poor little lonely reindeer hanging from it's talons.

thecfarm

Kinda like the guy that hung one of those white plastic reindeer with the clear lights,from it's heels in a tree.  :D

sandhills

A good friend of mine's parents had a Santa and sleigh with all the reindeer, us "kids" got pretty creative with where/how they'd find them hanging out in the yard the next morning, to the point his mom quit putting them out.  It didn't take us long to find where she hid them so we'd set them out for her  ;D.

drobertson

Looks killer! And your approach to easy in and out works, if not satisfied,  I like it, great motiffe
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ox

Quote from: Jeff on November 28, 2016, 06:09:05 AM
This isn't the first time I've done something like this.   Years ago, I had a small stuffed reindeer standing on top of the flagpole.  The neighbor next door remarked how cold and lonely he looked up there, and she did it in a disparaging way. SO, I made a change for her.  I got a huge stuffed eagle one of the kids had and put it up there with the poor little lonely reindeer hanging from it's talons.

That's funny right there!  Did you get any more feedback from her afterwards?  ;D

Jeff

Nah, she just would glare at it when she went out to her car.  She never forgave me for putting a dozen gold fish in her pool when they were setting it up. What she didn't know was her dad was going to put two dozen night crawlers in it, and I talked him out of it. He actually paid for the goldfish. There was a party there that day to help set up the pool, and there was no chlorine in it yet. It was being filled for the first time.  Everyone had a great time with it except her. She didn't find it funny ATALL.  :D   We always got along with those neighbors over the last 30 years, but we had an incident this summer where her husband came over complaining about Harley being dangerous and his wife scared of him after they witnessed the tail end of an altercation started by their great big dog. It came running across the property line and the it and Harley, who was with me as I worked in the side garden, got into a circling match with each other, growling and barking and showing teeth that spilled back across the line on their side before they ca,e around the house after hearing the commotion. The dogs never touched each other, and I was actually fearful of Harley getting hurt, but all in all, it was just two big male dogs being make dogs.  The next day she sent her husband over here I am sure, with him telling me we had a problem. I suggested we try to acclimate the dogs with each other on leashes and he said "It's gone way past that, you either have to keep that dog tied up or build a fence or I am taking it to a higher authority"  Well, everyone that knows me, including them know that I will go to the end of the world to find a solution to a problem, however don't come over and threaten me with an ultimatum. They are now "Dead to me" so to speak.  Since, they built a fence that wouldn't stop either dog from crossing if they really wanted to.  I just try to keep my dogs on the other side of the house.  Pity. over 30 years of being decent neighbors and it came to that. The two other adjacent neighbors behind me love Harley and know he is a giant baby. We have to protect Harley from the one's Jack Russel! :D

So what do they think next door?  I HOPE THEY HATE IT!  ;D

21incher

That looks like Achmed the Dead Terrorist. You just have to learn to throw your voice. ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

straincm

Jeff,

Do you have any recent pictures of how the cord wood wall is weathering? Curious to see what it looks like.

Thanks.

Jeff

I stepped out and took a photo. Its a bit obstructed view right now. I think it still looks great. Its oxidizing a bit, but I knew that going in. I actually like the silver color tht northern white cedar eventually turns. :)

straincm

Thanks, still looking great. I liked this so much, I am in the middle of a similar "cookie" project but for inside the house. I will post pictures once finished (hopefully next week). It is an insert for the fireplace. To place just inside the doors to hide the ugly appearance when not in use. I hope it looks as good as I envision.

Thank You Sponsors!