iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sales pitch, sort of

Started by sandhills, November 30, 2017, 10:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

Admins feel free to delete this if it's not allowed (but it's for a good cause  ;)).  December 16 we have a bred cow sale at the salebarn I work at and for some unknown reason I decided to join in on my boss's lame brain idea of a fund raiser, 5 of us are auctioning off our hair to go to charity.  Not sure which one yet, first it was toys for tots but now leaning more towards Saint Judes, anyway it doesn't matter much but we all chipped in to get the bidding started and if our bid gets beat we have to shave our heads in front of the crowd.  Should be on the internet at Cattle USA under Albion Livestock Market, I believe it starts at noon, you'd have to register to run us up but if nothing else it'd probably be good for a laugh if nothing else.  We do get bored sometimes sitting around waiting on trucks/trailers to show up but this isn't the worst idea we've came up with yet (the next will be in the outdoor board) and like I told them I can't get any uglier anyway so enjoy the show.

Grizzly

If I bid half can I dictate which half gets cut!!?? 
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

TKehl

How much extra to leave a mohawk?   ;D
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

sandhills

:D :D :D 'fraid not fellas, unfortunately I think it's all or nothing  ::).

Grizzly

Sigh.......  And here we thought we'd get this thing rolling real goood!   :D

Make it fun sandhills and bring a toque to keep the block warm afterward.  ;D

sandhills

Just an update, we now have a fb or website or something, anyway it's hair shavin' fund razin' for anyone interested.  Our local food pantry gets the proceeds from the chili feed and St. Judes gets the money from the auction, Grizzly and Tkehl you weren't far off, the other knotheads keep changing the rules on me, it appears the winning bidder MAY get to chose how one of us gets our hair cut, not sure yet though.  It's all for fun and a good cause, I can't get any uglier anyway so why not?  :)

Grizzly

So now we gotta bid big just to confirm how ugly ya figure ya are??   :D :D

I don't do facebook but if their's a website i'll take a look.

sandhills

Well today's the day, I got it wrong "our" auction begins in 1 hour at 11:00 cst.  You can bid on Cattle USA.com (the way I understand anyway) or go to gofundme.com to make a donation, all proceeds go to St. Judes Children's Hospital, gonna be fun but might just be a cold day tater  :D.  We are feeling pretty good about this because we already have had over 5000 views on our site and we are a town of 1800  8).  Talk to you folks again when I'm bald!  :)

Cedarman

Our ears may hear, but our eyes need to see. :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

coxy

that's great doing it for Saint Judes 

sandhills

Well there's plenty of pictures and even a video of the event, before/after stuff but I'm not smart enough to move it here or even know if that's allowed from our fb page.  I think the total we raised was something like 2730 for St. Judes and 855 for the food pantry.  But man I gotta say it's drafty up there on cold days  :D, but it was fun and I'd do it again.  Everyone kept asking if my hair was growing back brown or grey, all I could think of to answer was I just hope it does, the kids we did this for may never have that again so who cares?  We passed a few hats around the ring before the auction for donations and I don't think there was a single person that didn't, I love small town America.

Roxie

Me too.  So glad it went well, and a more worthy cause couldn't be found.   :new_year:
Say when

goose63

Pat take a picture  and put it on here so we all can see that crome dome   :) :) :) :)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!