iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

075 Stihl

Started by Norm Pearen, December 04, 2017, 07:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm Pearen

I am looking for an owner manual for an 075 Stihl. The Stihl web site does not show anything bigger than 066. I am wondering how old an 075 could be. Any information on displacement, horsepower or parts availability would be appreciated. Thank You and Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum.
I learn more by listening than  I do by talking.

sawguy21

Welcome aboard neighbour! The 075 was built in the mid to late 70's, I saw quite a few with 36" bars being used in the big cedar. It is a torque monster, iirc 110cc, but needs constant maintenance due to vibration. I don't recall a shop manual being available, all we ever had was the owner's manual with a parts list. I may still have one.
I just looked at your profile, I was in the vicinity a few times with Northern Mountain Helicopters. Beautiful country.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Al_Smith

I'd imagine it's around 7 HP .They have a lot of pulling power .

starmac

Iirc I have read that there were two different ignition setups on them, and at least one of them is no longer available. It also seems like they do not easily change over either, somewhere I did see a deal for a home grown fix for the ignition module though.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Al_Smith

I couldn't find the parts list for an 075 but did for an 076 .It shows two types of solid state trigger devices.One that sets under the flywheel and one exterior .I would assume but not really know probably  any trigger device you could fit in some place should work .
The way some of these things work is by sensing a negative transition in the sinusoidal pattern generated by the flywheel magnets passing the coil ,much like AC but only on the positive side .< goobley gook but that's it in a nut shell .
Some place I'm sure I have the list for the 075 but where might be the 64 thousand dollar question .It could be on CD or micro film .It's not on my "dealers " book which weighs about 10 pounds .

Norm Pearen

Thanks to everyone for the replies. There is one for sale in good condition at a very reasonable price and I wanted to find some information on this. I think I will stick with my 066. it is heave enough for an old guy.
I learn more by listening than  I do by talking.

Thank You Sponsors!