iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Accuset 2 front panel swallows the big onion.....

Started by Percy, December 11, 2017, 12:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

after about 10 years of abuse

That hour meter is on its second time around. And the panel still worked but on cold days, all the moisture that had accumulated inside of it would freeze and the thing would go bonkers....

After shipping and taxes, the new panel was 1 g Canadian(65 bucks American)  ;D ;D

GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Darrel

That's kinda like jacking up the radiator cap and putting a new car under it.  (Old saying) Purdy!  :)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

DDW_OR

Quote from: Percy on December 11, 2017, 12:17:54 AM
.... on cold days, all the moisture that had accumulated inside of it would freeze and the thing would go bonkers......

I would take the whole Accuset unit inside the house to warm up and dry off before putting the new panel on.

if that is not possible then make an insulated heat box to warm and dry the unit. that should help reduce the moisture and corrosion/rust.
"let the machines do the work"

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

MartyParsons

Hello,
  You can replace just the front membrane part # 052874 $ 61.74 compared to the complete front 069649 $ 674.18. The membrane would be the decal on the front with the switches.

Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Percy

Quote from: MartyParsons on December 11, 2017, 05:50:54 AM
Hello,
  You can replace just the front membrane part # 052874 $ 61.74 compared to the complete front 069649 $ 674.18. The membrane would be the decal on the front with the switches.

Hope this helps.
Marty
Ya that is right Marty. BUT.... My Accuset 2 was a retrofit from the old Accuset. Did the swap my self after receiving the upgrade kit for free from woodmizer about a year after warranty had run out. The first panels (like the old one I have)did not have the exchangeable membranes. This one does. Im good now till Im ...like 80...  ;D ;D
The original is the one with silicone covering circuits etc part number 053018

T
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

drobertson

You bet that's a lot of button pushing! and for 60 bucks! I'd say well spent,,sounds like you had a similar dealing with the change over as I did, Jim Brown was, is the man for making things happen, JMO<  And this reminds me of a similar situation off target, but kinda the same, dealing with an electric smoker, I borrowed from my FIL a short while back, well as luck would have it, an old saying stands true, "you borrow it, much like you break it" you bought it,, the clear flex cover over the power, temp and time controls broke, flaked off while transporting, got home and saw it,, it all worked but just not sealed, one call to the manufacturer, the whole face panel unit, controls and all, sent next day, really? no nothing about it, except, sorry for your troubles,  I basically was sold on these folks from the beginning conversation, and sealed the deal by the time we hung up,, I know I got off topic, but just saying if folks would just call the Manf, reps, with an upbeat attitude, things just work out better, glad you are running again Percy,, man, thats a lot of button pushing,,,mercy,,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

DDW_OR

Quote from: Kbeitz on December 11, 2017, 05:40:41 AM
Hair blow dryer...
Yes = Hair blow dryer
careful = heat gun. it can damage components and melt solder. hold it at a distance, then test on your hand.
"let the machines do the work"

Bandmill Bandit

I keep 2 of the silca packets that come in the blade boxes in side my control box/simple set.

As soon as I see any indication of condensation I take them out and put them in the oven at 250 degrees for 2 or 3 hours. Has served me very well for mitigating moister issues in the controls.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

MartyParsons

Hello,
  Yep that would be a little difficult to get the sealed one out of the box. We were out at Wood Mizer Indy in November. They had talked about the replaceable membrane. I was not aware till then.  :-\  I see now that it would only fit newer revisions that are not sealed. We learn every day!
Thanks
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!