iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmills in or around Murphy North Carolina

Started by pasbonbasile, December 25, 2017, 04:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasbonbasile

Looking to see if there are any sawmills operating in the Murphy, North Carolina area. My daughter has some trees to throw and was hoping to get them cut up for a porch. If not maybe someone that would cut them for firewood? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.
thirteen- tractors, one combine, no mill yet. Looking for one. Used -to have a wm lt4hdg25
Update 9-27-15 now have WM LT40 Super Hyd. used (1996) but back into sawing. Mostly pine and oak.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

How many trees you talking about and size? Thanks.

Click on this Link. This may help.

https://www.yellowpages.com/murphy-nc/sawmills
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WLC

You can also look on Woodmizers site and they have a link to their pro sawyer network where you can find local sawyers.  A sawmill of some sort shouldn't be too hard to find in or near Murphy.  One member that has a thread going on his kiln build should be near there.

ETA: 50 acreJim is the member I was thinking about.  His profile places him west of Franklin.  Might be worth contacting him.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

starmac

If your daughter can throw the trees, you probably will not get much lumber out of them.

I know, I know, bad joke, huh, but I couldn't help myself.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Sixacresand

May not be a good place to run a mill because of those "Laws". :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Seaman

I will travel to Murphy, I am just east of Asheville. Feel free to have her call me at 828 442 7404.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

ChugiakTinkerer

Quote from: starmac on December 25, 2017, 07:28:54 PM
If your daughter can throw the trees, you probably will not get much lumber out of them.

I know, I know, bad joke, huh, but I couldn't help myself.

If you don't swing at those pitches you'll never get it out of the park!
Woodland Mills HM130

50 Acre Jim

Quote from: pasbonbasile on December 25, 2017, 04:55:42 PM
Looking to see if there are any sawmills operating in the Murphy, North Carolina area. My daughter has some trees to throw and was hoping to get them cut up for a porch. If not maybe someone that would cut them for firewood? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.
Hi Pasbonbasile!  I live just down the road from Murphy but I'm not set up for traveling anywhere just yet.  But if you have Seaman come up from Asheville I'd love to come by and watch him in action.  (No pressure Seaman, no pressure....)   
Go to work?  Probably Knott.  Because I cant.

Seaman

Jim, you could learn a lot from me, but it may all be what NOT to do!
I come to Franklin a bit, I will look you up.
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Thank You Sponsors!