iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kreg vise grip style clamps -wow!

Started by DMcCoy, December 30, 2017, 07:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMcCoy

Anybody use these?

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c28/project-clamps-and-face-clamps/p387/3-wood-project-clamp/

They automatically adjust to differing thickness's of material.  Looked super impressive in the store, clamping between 3/4" and @3" without adjustment.

Edit:  Someone having fun editing my grammar?

Banjo picker

I be done uzing some of doze.  I da likes um for puttin in stiles.  Banjomonie
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Downstream

I use their bench clamps with crank down handles vs auto adjust and they work great.  Kreg makes some really good stuff.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

JV

I have their pocket hole jig set and I love it.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Kbeitz

I have a set of the normal self adjusting ones made by them.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

submarinesailor

Been using them since they came out.  LOVE THEM.  I used them quite a bit when putting up new fencing boards.  I also like their washer head screws.  Get plenty of pull down with the bigger heads.

Bruce

WLC

Yep, got a pair of them and love them.  Works great with my Kreg Jig and for other stuff as well.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

21incher

I bought a pair of the 6 inch ones last week at Lowes and they have a very inconsistent clamping force. Sometimes they would clamp right and other times it would take 2 hands to squeeze them deforming the clamp with the same adjustment.   I contacted Kreg to see if it needed to be lubed or returned and they are sending a replacement right out as it seems I got a defective one . Great customer service that saved me a 40 mile round trip back to Lowes. I definitely will pick up a couple more if the replacement works right. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!