iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spiral head blades

Started by xlogger, August 12, 2022, 06:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Just turned my blades for the last time. Going to be looking for best ones to replace. Is there any one better than the others. I have 25" Woodmaster.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

teakwood

Can give you a contact in taiwan, good seller. 2.4 $ a knife, depends on size. european quality, from germany or Luxembourg.

don't buy chinese crap of amazon, i did this once and lost all my money because they all broke 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

teakwood

Tong fong cutters in Taiwan, i bought 4 spiral heads and t y g cutters from them, sent them 3000$ with a weird feeling in my belly because i never bought in asia before, but was nicely surprised, they flat out honest and efficient company.

Tong fong cutters manufacture

replacement cutters, very good brand 

Accessories-all :knives/drill bits/saw blades/spacers

Write to Liya, reliable, helpful and quick response.
tfcutter@ms47.hinet.net

Geeg

I am on my last turn as well, I also have the Woodmaster 25". I have been buying blades for the last couple of years, buying 164 cutters at once is kind of expensive. I get mine from amazon. Just make sure that they have the 6" face radius

Canada 15mm Square Tungsten Carbide Replacement Cutter Inserts Knives 15 x 15 x 2.5mm-4 Edges with 6" Face Radius fit for Woodworking Helical Planer Head and CNC or DIY Wood Lathe Turning Rougher Tools 10pcs : Amazon.ca: Industrial & Scientific
US 15mm Square Tungsten Carbide Replacement Cutter Inserts Knives 15 x 15 x 2.5mm-4 Edges with 6" Face Radius fit for Woodworking Helical Planer Head and CNC or DIY Wood Lathe Turning Rougher Tools 10pcs - - Amazon.com

I use these cutters on my jointer and router and they seem to last just as long as the originals
Retired Airbus 380 Captain. Timberking 2200,  Kioti RX6010PC,  Nyle Kiln KD250, Polaris WV850

petefrom bearswamp

20 years in on my 20" Bridgewood and only half way thru the second set.
Cant remember where I bought them. but was a guy in the Hudson valley
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

xlogger

Quote from: Geeg on September 04, 2022, 11:01:54 AM
I am on my last turn as well, I also have the Woodmaster 25". I have been buying blades for the last couple of years, buying 164 cutters at once is kind of expensive. I get mine from amazon. Just make sure that they have the 6" face radius

Canada 15mm Square Tungsten Carbide Replacement Cutter Inserts Knives 15 x 15 x 2.5mm-4 Edges with 6" Face Radius fit for Woodworking Helical Planer Head and CNC or DIY Wood Lathe Turning Rougher Tools 10pcs : Amazon.ca: Industrial & Scientific
US 15mm Square Tungsten Carbide Replacement Cutter Inserts Knives 15 x 15 x 2.5mm-4 Edges with 6" Face Radius fit for Woodworking Helical Planer Head and CNC or DIY Wood Lathe Turning Rougher Tools 10pcs - - Amazon.com

I use these cutters on my jointer and router and they seem to last just as long as the originals
I forgot to count the blades last time so 164 is the total?
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

teakwood

My 25" grizzly has 174 inserts, but I would order 10 more

Geeg

Quote from: xlogger on September 07, 2022, 06:36:20 AM
I forgot to count the blades last time so 164 is the total?
Sorry, the total is 168 blades.
Retired Airbus 380 Captain. Timberking 2200,  Kioti RX6010PC,  Nyle Kiln KD250, Polaris WV850

petefrom bearswamp

Mine are square
Geeg, what is the advantage of the radius?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Geeg

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on September 12, 2022, 10:33:23 AM
Mine are square
Geeg, what is the advantage of the radius?
Not sure, but think it is just the design? the cutter head came that way from Woodmaster. I do have a jointer that uses square inserts.

teakwood

I have both straight spiral and helix spiral heads. The curved blades are a better design because the head does a real shear cut. The heads are more expensive than straight spiral ones.

Thank You Sponsors!